Problem with headphone jack sound connect on front of old pc, using current opensuse MicroOS with this old G1Assassin-2 motherboard?

problem with headphone jack sound connect on front of old pc, using current opensuse MicroOS with this old G1Assassin-2 motherboard? I didn’t notice the problem with Fedora 38 and silverblue or Kinoite. I don’t know if its related to the login screen prompt being displayed after nvidia drivers are installed in MicroOS based on tumbleweed, I am using that version not leap, leap never work well for any of my hardware years ago when I tried it.

openSUSE-MicroOS-DVD-x86_64-Snapshot20230728-Media.iso with rufus USB boot loader software, for installing it to my USB drive.

G1.Assassin 2 (rev. 1.0) Overview | Motherboard - GIGABYTE Global

this pc has an onboard sound card, I notice the feedback sound in one video linux game I tried it was so far only effecting one game, but I notice the sound when the game was not in full screen mode, like showing the plasma kde desktop, the problem is not there all the time, and I am guessing its a bug in the linux software for the built in sound card, I also have an old tv capture card in this pc, but I don’t have that connected to anything at this time, I used it with a old vcr at one point, we got that capture card years ago from a store that no longer in business anymore here. I keep it in my pc, for a few years I had it in the older pc, but I put it in my newer one since it does seem to have working linux drivers for it still.

Onboard Creative Soundblaster X-Fi Digital Audio Processor (20K2)

It’s important to be able to hear where your enemy is located before you see him, and it also means you’ll be able exploit a crucial edge in today’s virtual realistic audio environments. That is why GIGABYTE has rigged the G1.Assassin 2 motherboard with the industry’s most advanced audio solutions to give you the highest caliber audio experience. The G1.Assassin 2 motherboard, as a member of the GIGABYTE G1-Killer series, is one of the world’s only gaming motherboards to feature Creative’s top-of-the-line Soundblaster Digital Audio Processor (20K2) onboard with X-Fi Xtreme Fidelity® and EAX® Advanced HD™ 5.0 technologies, allowing you to experience sound in your gaming world exactly as you would in real life.

I don’t recall fedora having the same problem with its drivers for this sound card, but I didn’t test it long, since it was very hard for me to try and remove its firefox, and put the flathub one on it, I tried installing the flathub firefox since its a newer build , but fedora silverblue and kionite , mainly tried to update it on plasma kde, I prefer gnome for my laptop, in any case, I was not able to update the version that was built into its Fedora 38 inmutable desktop, it ended up with two icons that both launched fedora’s firefox and not the firefox version in flathub.

I might go back to fedora 38 iso builds if I can’t fix the problems in openSUSE MicroOS, I like it since it doesn’t seem to have the same problem as fedora with the flathub items, but if theirs hardware driveer problems like the nvidia rtx 2070 drivers not working right for shutdown and reboot causing that strange console startup prompt, that seems to only effect opensuse and not fedora, plus I need to find out if the problem with the headphone jack is hardware related or software related, since I don’t know the cause of the feedback sound or background noise tha tI noticed with only one linux distro so far, I like opensuse version, also I tried tumbleweed but somehow when installing the nvidia drivers on it, I broke it to the login console, and sddm and gdm would not load afterwards, again I am using an older motherboard for tha pc, I got on my new pc windows 11 still since I do play some xbox games and I can’t access in linux from it, unlike epic games where there are open sourcce options to play them with wine, I can’t do that for Fallout 76, life is strange true colors, marvels game and a few other cross platform titles, from my series x, that I can’t only access from windows, which I own access to them in the xbox app store on my pc, I don’t know of any linux app that would allow that. I know of the ones for ubisoft connect and epic games which I also have a few games under plus gog games too, but I mainly play them on my windows pc and not the older pc one for linux.

Can you please summarize the issue a little more succinctly? I got lost with your opening post. If you have multiple technical queries, you are best advised to start a new topic for each.

I’m shifting this to our Open Chat category (for more general discussion). When you have a specific issue or question that you need help with and can describe in just a few words, you can post again. An essay like this won’t attract the attention required for those that can assist meaningfully.

Please refer to my replies re being concise, and your questions in the appropriate forum category.