Problem sending appointments using Kontact 4.7.2 @ Suse 12.1

When sending an appointment using Kontact, the appointment is stuck in the outbox and contains the following error message:

Failed to transport message. The server did not accept the sender address “Username <username@URL.biz>”. The sever is responded" “<Username <username@URL.biz>>: “@” or “.” expected after “Username””

Note that a test email to username@URL.biz works just fine.

Any help would be appreciated.

There’s an emailaddress being used as “Username <username@URL.biz>”, the program assumes the entire sring is the emailaddress. Since emailaddresses cannot have spaces, it stumbles on the space after “Username” where there is no “@” or “.” (both allowed). So, checkt the settings, and remove the stuff around the sending emailaddress.

Where is the setting for the meeting organizer? I’ve changed the default to a different individual at the “group scheduling” portion of calendar setting. I’ve changed the default to a different individual for the identities at “identity” setting for mail. I’ve also changed the default to a different individual in account details in the desktop settings. However, the calendar continues to use the erroneous contact information as the meeting organizer. Obviously, I’m missing something.

The problem is a bit more complex than originally thought. I was able to modify the meeting organizer using the “identity” section in mail settings. I was able to strip off the Username by leaving “Your name” blank. This leaves the meeting organizer as “username@URL.biz”. The problem now is the attendee. The program accesses the attendee email via the contact listings. It puts in the attendee line “Username2” <username2@URL.biz>. It errors with the following error message:

Failed to transport message. The server did not accept the sender address “Username2 <username2@URL.biz>”(The sever is responded" "<Username2 <username2@URL.biz>>: “@” or “.” expected after “Username2"”)

If I edit the attendee so it sends either <username2@URL.biz>, “username2@URL.biz” or username2@URL.biz, the following error message occurs for all settings:
Failed to transport message. Message sending failed since the following recipients were rejected by the server: <username2@URL.biz> (The server responded “<<username2@URL.biz>>:missing or malformed local part”)

Any help would be a appreciated.

Just one more thing, if I forward the failed invite, it works.