Plasma trashed after upgrade to 4.0.84 packages

Has anyone noticed that when they log out and then log back in the kde 3 apps like kpowersave and stuff that start by default no longer autostart, I started getting that after todays updates…:confused:

I wish I could get that far. Still can’t stop plasma crashing a start of desktop. Using factory/11
So I tried it in a VBox machine and it worked fine. The differences are: Vbox is 32bit and no Compiz enabled, oh and graphics VBox driver.
My main machine is 64bit, has Nvidia and Compiz
But I have tried several times. I don’t have debug but errors are QT related.

I fixed mine by reinstalling kdebase3, I had removed that earlier

I fixed mine by reinstalling kdebase3, I had removed that earlier

I have that installed, just checked. I have kde3 installed anyway. But can’t really see how that would be either a problem or solution. I like you blog by the way.
Guess I’ll just have to wait it out for now.

Once I installed kdebase3 the kde3 apps would start up on login but whenever I remove it they don’t startup on login in kde4 :confused:

Doesn’t a plain kde4 install - install the main kde3base packages anyway, because kde4 is still using kde3 aps, at least it is in the stable. I see now amarok and k3b have kde4 packages though, to mention just a couple.
I use kde3 as fallback.

I actually wanted to get rid of junk so I remove kdebase3 but it didn’t work well :frowning:

I managed to get 4.1 working, had to rename my .kde4 folder to start again.
Booted in to 4.1 ok
But on next login I get pale grey blank screen.
If I delete the new .kde4 folder and start again, it works for the first login, but not after.

I don’t alter any settings on first login, but somethings happening?

Any ideas?