I run OS13.1 with Kernel 3.12 on a UEFI machine. Everything ran find until yesterdays kernel update. After that one no operating was found for booting.
I had to spend a couple of hours to figure out how to recreate the UEFI boot menu entry. In the end my solution is a mixture of many ingredients from different sources:
- Start a recovery system in UEFI mode, e.g. from your opensuse install medium.
- mount /dev/sda3 /mnt (my root system is on /dev/sda3 yours might be somewhere else)
- mount --bind /dev /mnt/dev
- chroot /mnt
- mount -t proc proc /proc
- mount -t sysfs sysfs /sys
- mount /boot/efi
- efibootmgr -c -d /dev/sda -p 1 -L opensuse -l ‘\EFI\opensuse\grubx64.efi’
For me that worked. I hope it helps others, too.