OpenSuse11.4 with Barebone P6-P7H55E

Hi,

I have a Barebone PC (Asus) with Inter H55E chipset. Can anybody help me how to find driver for graphics. And also support of Realtek ALC887 Audio card.

thanks, grunfeld

Hi,

I have a Barebone PC (Asus) with Inter H55E chipset. Can anybody help me how to find driver for graphics. And also support of Realtek ALC887 Audio card.

thanks, grunfeld
Hello grunfeld and welcome to the openSUSE forum. I am sorry to hear of your problems. Can you tell us a little more please?

1. openSUSE version: 11.?, 32 or 64 bit
  2. Desktop Used: KDE or GNOME
  3. Are you using the built in Intel graphics of this ASUS motherboard?
  4. When you Installed openSUSE, did the installation Complete properly?
  5. Why do you think you need a new or better Intel Graphic Driver? Please Explain.

Thank You,

Hi,

thanks for your prompt reply, I am really new here and with Linux as well.

OpenSuse11.4, KDE, installation was complete.

I start VMware Player 3.1.4 and try to create a virtual machine (windows or other Linux), I get the following message: “3G graphics accelerations will be disabled” Somewhere I learned that I should install graphic driver for my Barebone, but I do not find that on the ASUSTeK Computer Inc. for Linux and anywhere else on the internet.

I have P6-P7H55E.

best regards, grunfeld

So I am not the expert on getting Intel Graphics working in openSUSE except it is possible to upgrade the kernel where basic support does exist. I suggest looking at the following link about using VMWARE and see if it helps any.

VMware Communities: How to make VMplayer work on OpenSUSE…

Thank You,