openSUSE crashes on Ryzen Surface Laptop

[FONT=inherit][FONT=inherit][FONT=inherit]Hi, I tried to install openSUSE to my Ryzen laptop and the installation went fine. But system is very unstable. Keyboard and mouse stops responding and system freezes. Before installing it directly I created a live USB using Etcher and used it for few hours but the system didn’t crash at that time. I thought that there is something wrong with the installation so I re installed it but still the system crashes. I just saw some posts on Stack Overflow says that Ryzen laptops are not compatible with Linux operating systems and don’t know if that’s the case. Any advice would be appreciated.

https://askubuntu.com/questions/1132216/how-to-find-out-why-system-keeps-freezing
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]

@benjaminvin:

If you laptop has either a Ryzen 5 4600H GPU or, a Ryzen 7 4800H GPU then, it should be OK – there are Linux Notebooks with these GPUs available here in Germany …

• If you Laptop doesn’t have one of those Ryzens then, for your case, you may have to use Tumbleweed, which has a newer Linux Kernel, which possibly supports the AMD Laptop Ryzen you have.

15.2 runs without problems on an older AMD Ryzen 3 2200U with Radeon Vega Mobile GFX (HP255G7) that I have here, the only “extra” needed was to add “amd_iommu=on iommu=pt” to the kernel command line…

More info about hardware is needed.