OpenSuSE 12.2 & Skype = black camera

I have tried some versions of skype both 32 and 64 bits with OpenSuSE 12.2 x 64 and always have gotten black camera nevertheless using export XLIB_SKIP_ARGB_VISUALS=1 , which works fine in previous versions of SuSE. If any can share solution is very welcome.Thanks

I found this suggestion in the README packaged with the tar
Does that work?

Video

• If your camera capture is showing a green, scrambled or black image,
    this workaround may help:
    • Ubuntu 32 bit: install “libv4l-0” package and launch Skype with:
      LD_PRELOAD=/usr/lib/libv4l/v4l2convert.so skype
    • Ubuntu 64 bit: install “lib32v4l-0” package and launch Skype with:
      LD_PRELOAD=/usr/lib32/libv4l/v4l2convert.so skype
    • Other distributions might have the same library, but may have a
      different path.

I found mine installed at /usr/lib64/libv4l/v4l2convert.so but that is the 64-bit library file and skype wants a 32-bit one.
So if pointing to that file does not work, you may have to install the 32-bit packages for v4l as well.

sudo zypper in libv4l-32bit

I’m curious, can you remember where you found a 64-bit Skype for openSUSE?

I haven’t found any 64 bits rpm skype, I rebuilded by 64 bits deb ubuntu pack with alien. It works fine, actually there is some difference in CPU power consuming but it is not that significant as I expected.
Well that works - 32 bit suse rpm skype with “LD_PRELOAD=/usr/lib/libv4l/v4l2convert.so skype”, the 64 bit gave me error for preloading the libraries. Obviously, i have to find ubuntu libv4l 64bits libraries, but for me suse 32 bits is ok as well. Thanks for the help.

I install skype using the instructions using the SDB on skype:
SDB:Skype - openSUSE
The black camera issue has always been fixed on my hardware by using the fix mentioned here:
SDB:Skype - openSUSE

Just a tip for others passing by, since your problem seems to be fixed.