OpenSUSE 11.4 cant auto mount devices

hi all, guys i need you help on how to fix this. somehow my devices like USB, cdrom and other partitions do not mount automatically. before this case, everything was fine. when i connect any device throught USB; it would appear on desktop and when i inserted a dvd or cdrom, it would appear on the desktop. but as i write this, none of the above works.

how can i get this fixed

Seeing this is your first post, welcome here.

You do not explain much. You are talking about that it did work earlier, but not now. What was the change between earlier and now?

You are talking about “appearing on the desktop” and thus it would be nice when you told us which desktop you are using.

initially, when i installed 11.4 late last year, everything was ok but 2 months ago; i cant read a dvd or cdrom, usb devices cant open either. what i need is to make usb, cd, dvd to mount anutomatically. gnome version 2.6

oohh kernel ver 2.6.37 (opensuse 11.4 running on dell latitude d830). secondly, my bluetooth device worked in opensuse 11.3 but after i upgraded to 11.4, it doesnt work anymore. help please

On 2011-10-15 11:36, denisjc7 wrote:

> but after i
> upgraded to 11.4, it doesnt work anymore. help please

You upgraded? How?

Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.
(from 11.4 x86_64 “Celadon” at Telcontar)

i downloaded the iso file, burned it on DVD and upgraded. did that help

You say they don’t mount automatically?
But you can mount them?

Have you tried a test new user account? Is that the same?

Post your repo list:

zypper lr -d

i can mount them using the disk utility i.e manually but before this they would mount without me doing anything extra. i have tried it with root account but still no signs
code output is;

| Alias | Name | Enabled | Refresh | Priority | Type | URI | Service

—±---------------------------------±---------------------------------±--------±--------±---------±-------±--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------±-------
1 | Contrib | Contrib | Yes | Yes | 99 | rpm-md | Index of /repositories/openSUSE:/11.4:/Contrib/standard |
2 | GNOME:Community | GNOME:Community | Yes | Yes | 99 | rpm-md | Index of /repositories/GNOME:/Community/openSUSE_11.3 |
3 | KDE:Release:46 | KDE:Release:46 | Yes | Yes | 99 | rpm-md | Index of /repositories/KDE:/Release:/46/openSUSE_11.4 |
4 | KDE:Unstable:Playground | KDE:Unstable:Playground | Yes | Yes | 99 | rpm-md | Index of /repositories/KDE:/Unstable:/Playground/KDE_Release_46_openSUSE_11.4 |
5 | LibreOffice | LibreOffice | Yes | Yes | 99 | rpm-md | Index of /repositories/LibreOffice:/Stable/openSUSE_11.4 |
6 | Packman | Packman | Yes | Yes | 99 | rpm-md | Index of /suse/openSUSE_11.4/ |
7 | Updates-for-openSUSE-11.4-11.4-0 | Updates for openSUSE 11.4 11.4-0 | Yes | Yes | 99 | rpm-md | Index of /update/11.4 |
8 | download.opensuse.org-games | openSUSE BuildService - Games | Yes | Yes | 99 | rpm-md | Index of /repositories/games/openSUSE_11.4 |
9 | openSUSE-11.4-11.4-0 | openSUSE-11.4-11.4-0 | Yes | No | 99 | yast2 | cd:///?devices=/dev/disk/by-id/ata-HL-DT-ST_DVD+_-RW_GSA-T21N_KZ181IC2033,/dev/sr0 |
10 | repo-debug | openSUSE-11.4-Debug | No | Yes | 99 | NONE | Index of /debug/distribution/11.4/repo/oss |
11 | repo-debug-update | openSUSE-11.4-Update-Debug | No | Yes | 99 | NONE | Index of /debug/update/11.4 |
12 | repo-non-oss | openSUSE-11.4-Non-Oss | Yes | Yes | 99 | yast2 | Index of /distribution/11.4/repo/non-oss |
13 | repo-oss | openSUSE-11.4-Oss | Yes | Yes | 99 | yast2 | Index of /distribution/11.4/repo/oss |
14 | repo-source | openSUSE-11.4-Source | No | Yes | 99 | yast2 | Index of /source/distribution/11.4/repo/oss |

Repo #2 in that list is for 11.3? Remove it.

Are you using kde as well?
Which display manager are you using here
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/10573557/Display_window_Manager/display-manager-kde4.jpg
or
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/10573557/Display_window_Manager/display-manager-gnome.jpg

Please densjc7, when posting computer text (like your repo list above) use CODE tags: Posting in Code Tags - A Guide

On 2011-10-17 08:36, denisjc7 wrote:
>
> i can mount them using the disk utility i.e manually but before this
> they would mount without me doing anything extra. i have tried it with
> root account but still no signs
> code output is;

Please repeat using code tags.

Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.

On 2011-10-17 06:36, denisjc7 wrote:
>
> i downloaded the iso file, burned it on DVD and upgraded. did that help

Not yet. :slight_smile:

You chose the “upgrade” option on the DVD?

I ask because 1) many people say “upgrade” when they really installed the
new version fresh keeping the /home partition intact and 2) There are two
upgrade methods.

Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.