NTFS on OpenSuSE?

If I attach an NTFS drive to opensuse 11.3, will the OS see the drive and the files?

My goal:

I wanted to install OpenSuSE and add VMware Server 2.02 on top of it. I have a few hard drives that are NTFS. I need for my Windows virtual machines to see those hard drives. So in order for that to happen, the host OS would have to see the hard drives as well.

Yes, it will. Be sure you have ntfs-3g installed.

Just a heads-up: VMware server 2.02 doesn’t work on openSUSE 11.3. Server 2.02 can run in openSUSE 11.2 OK, provided you install a patch (pretty simple).
Here’s the method: Install VMware server 2.0.2 in openSUSE 11.2 32 and 64 bit

History: The VMware ppl last made a VMware server version that works with the Linux kernel round about the time of openSUSE 11.0. After that, maybe 2 years ago, their release Server 2.0.2 stopped working in Linux. Some brave souls wrote patches to keep the 2.0.2 version running in Linux. But there’s nothing on the horizon AFAIK for current Linux kernels.

If you want long term support for your virtual machine/s, maybe you should use the Sun/Oracle VBox virtualiser. it works a treat, better than VMware Server ever did.

I mount all my ntfs’ drivers on partitioner/mounting optitions to /Windows and set ‘defaults’ to fstab options