NonOSS Repository Outdated Error

Hello, today I wanted to update system, but I ve got message:

Warning: Repository ‘openSUSE-Leap-15.0-Update-Non-Oss’ appears to be outdated. Consider using a different mirror or server.

What is wrong? Is there alternative address for this repository? Thing is pritty much urgent, because I have try some php scripts from my website on localhost server, so I have to install lamp first.

Thank you for answering my questions.

Vladimir from Serbia

It is possible that nothing is wrong.

That repo only rarely gets updates. And some timer complains if it has not been updated recently enough.

I have seen that happen before (with early releases). It is always the update-non-oss repo that runs into the problem. And the message goes away when there’s an actual update in that repo.

I just booted up Leap 15.0 (in a virtual machine), and ran Yast Software Management. It did not complain about that repo, so perhaps there is a problem with the mirror you are using.

I then selected the “Repositories” view. There is very little in that repo. It shows only 4 packages, and “opera” is the only one of those that I am using. Maybe check the repositories view on your system and see if you are seeing the same 4 packages. (I am seeing “opera”, “THE”, “THE-doc” and “discord”.

In any case, you do not need the non-OSS repo for intsalling the LAMP pattern, so jut skip it.