No Kodi or XBMC

I cannot find either kodi or xbmc in any of the repositories. No luck trying to get versions for previous releases such as 13.2 from online search either.

Have kodi/xbmc been discontinued from openSUSE due to some policy that I may not be aware of? If not, how can I install them?

Thanks.

On Tue, 07 Jul 2015 01:56:01 +0000, kwr2k wrote:

> I cannot find either kodi or xbmc in any of the repositories. No luck
> trying to get versions for previous releases such as 13.2 from online
> search either.
>
> Have kodi/xbmc been discontinued from openSUSE due to some policy that I
> may not be aware of? If not, how can I install them?
>
> Thanks.

They probably include encumbered codecs. Try packman and see if it’s
there.

Jim


Jim Henderson
openSUSE Forums Administrator
Forum Use Terms & Conditions at http://tinyurl.com/openSUSE-T-C

Jim,

I don’t know why but there is no Kodi in the Packman repos for TW.
Perhaps the reason lies in the fact Tumbleweed is some thing of a moving target, and the Packman guys are kinda stretched.

A package of the latest version 15 is being prepared, but there still are issues:
http://lists.links2linux.de/pipermail/packman/2015-July/013725.html

The older version just fails to build on Tumbleweed.
Packages are there for 13.1 and 13.2 though:
http://packman.links2linux.de/package/kodi/

On Tue, 07 Jul 2015 05:26:05 +0000, Sagemta wrote:

> Jim,
>
> I don’t know why but there is no Kodi in the Packman repos for TW.
> Perhaps the reason lies in the fact Tumbleweed is some thing of a moving
> target, and the Packman guys are kinda stretched.

Could be.

Jim


Jim Henderson
openSUSE Forums Administrator
Forum Use Terms & Conditions at http://tinyurl.com/openSUSE-T-C

PS, the Kodi packages have been removed from the repo by mistake.
And the build failed for Tumbleweed, so they didn’t get readded either.

But this has been fixed now. The packages are available again also for Tumbleweed.
See: http://lists.opensuse.org/opensuse-factory/2015-07/msg00227.html

On Wed, 08 Jul 2015 15:16:01 +0000, wolfi323 wrote:

> PS, the Kodi packages have been removed from the repo by mistake.
> And the build failed for Tumbleweed, so they didn’t get readded either.
>
> But this has been fixed now. The packages are available again also for
> Tumbleweed.
> See: http://lists.opensuse.org/opensuse-factory/2015-07/msg00227.html

Thanks for the update, Wolfi. :slight_smile:

Jim


Jim Henderson
openSUSE Forums Administrator
Forum Use Terms & Conditions at http://tinyurl.com/openSUSE-T-C

I can attest it works like it should!!