NFS and not working mount -a

Hello,

I have very strange behaviour on my PC. it is connected to NAS through router from where I mount in fstab data:


192.168.1.101:/i-data/1e2c816d/nfs/DataNFS    /home/martin/DataNAS    nfs    _netdev,nofail,defaults,user,auto,noatime,intr 0 0 

If I use wireless network only I can use command mount -a and it works.
If I connect wired network I get:

mount.nfs: access denied by server while mounting 192.168.1.101:/i-data/1e2c816d/nfs/DataNFS

Also I can see that I am not able with wired network to enter to webadmin via browser.

And really I cant figure out why.

Thank you for your help.

Martin

On 12/14/2013 01:26 PM, atilius wrote:
>
> Hello,
>
> I have very strange behaviour on my PC. it is connected to NAS through
> router from where I mount in fstab data:
>
>
> Code:
> --------------------
>
> 192.168.1.101:/i-data/1e2c816d/nfs/DataNFS /home/martin/DataNAS nfs _netdev,nofail,defaults,user,auto,noatime,intr 0 0
>
> --------------------
>
>
> If I use wireless network only I can use command mount -a and it works.
> If I connect wired network I get:
>
> mount.nfs: access denied by server while mounting
> 192.168.1.101:/i-data/1e2c816d/nfs/DataNFS
>
> And really I cant figure out why.

Is the IP address for the wired network card allowed by your server? If you used
YaST to set up the server, you can check the allowed hosts there. If you set it
up manually, then check etc/exports. Use ‘man exports’ to see the format.

On the server I have an access only to webadmin so I cant do export. In any case, there is an option for IP and I put “*”, also I have tried to write exact IP but it doesnt work too.

If I make mount -av I get:

mount.nfs: timeout set for Sat Dec 14 21:01:58 2013
mount.nfs: trying text-based options 'intr,vers=4,addr=192.168.1.101,clientaddr=192.168.1.100'
mount.nfs: mount(2): Protocol not supported
mount.nfs: trying text-based options 'intr,addr=192.168.1.101'
mount.nfs: prog 100003, trying vers=3, prot=6
mount.nfs: trying 192.168.1.101 prog 100003 vers 3 prot TCP port 2049
mount.nfs: prog 100005, trying vers=3, prot=17
mount.nfs: trying 192.168.1.101 prog 100005 vers 3 prot UDP port 20048
mount.nfs: mount(2): Permission denied

and with wifi:


mount.nfs: trying text-based options 'intr,vers=4,addr=192.168.1.101,clientaddr=192.168.1.102'
mount.nfs: mount(2): Protocol not supported
mount.nfs: trying text-based options 'intr,addr=192.168.1.101'
mount.nfs: prog 100003, trying vers=3, prot=6
mount.nfs: trying 192.168.1.101 prog 100003 vers 3 prot TCP port 2049
mount.nfs: prog 100005, trying vers=3, prot=17
mount.nfs: trying 192.168.1.101 prog 100005 vers 3 prot UDP port 4507
/home/martin/DataNAS     : successfully mounted

I have discovered that if I dont use network manager but ifup in Yast, it works by wired network and it is using UDP port 4507… but what exactly it means I dont know…

OK, I have found a solution. In Network Manager, option Wired network, and additional addresses I had a record. When I deleted, it works. Why was the record there I dont know.

Thanks for help!

Martin

On 2013-12-15 00:16, atilius wrote:
>
> atilius;2608311 Wrote:
>> I have discovered that if I dont use network manager but ifup in Yast,
>> it works by wired network and it is using UDP port 4507… but what
>> exactly it means I dont know…
>
> OK, I have found a solution. In Network Manager, option Wired network,
> and additional addresses I had a record. When I deleted, it works. Why
> was the record there I dont know.

Probably because you were using an IP address that the server does not
allow.


Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.
(from 12.3 x86_64 “Dartmouth” at Telcontar)