New install Network Manager connection deactivates every few seconds

I’ve used tumbleweed before on my HP Zbook Firefly Workstation without wifi connection problems. But I’ve just done a fresh install and cannot connect. I have the most recent iso image. The install went easily. I used the default settings.

But as soon as I booted the machine, the Network Manager just connects and disconnects to my wifi within seconds. I’ve searched everywhere for answers, but nothing I found helps.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

https://bugzilla.opensuse.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1226544

Looks like that’s my issue. I cannot revert to an older snapshot, being it’s a new install.

I’m concerned waiting for the update won’t work, because my system doesn’t connect long enough to get updates. Am I interpreting this correctly?

Should I try installing an older version and not updating until this is fixed? Or?

You can always download kernel package using any other available system and install kernel locally.

Wait until fix is available and reinstall.

1 Like

Maybe easier to download only the iwlwifi firmware, install and lock, then wait for the new kernel and dup?

1 Like

Maybe easier to download only the iwlwifi firmware, install and lock, then wait for the new kernel and dup?

This sounds like the most simple solution. Can you give a little more details on this procedure?

I am just moving this file like any other file? Copying to a USB then inserting it in the new computer? Once there, how do I install and lock? If this is done via the konsole, what are the commands?

1 Like

I think I got it. Can please clarify the install command? I’m not sure where that ends and your sentence continues.

Also the command for install?

Nevermind, I found detailed instructions here:

https://forums.opensuse.org/t/latest-tw-update-breaks-my-wifi/176133/2

Problem solved for now.

Can anyone give the correct code to unlock when the patch is complete? Or will I be provided with that option in konsole when it sees the conflict?

zypper removelock <name of package>

or you can remove locks via YaST Software.
“zypper dup” will show the package as locked but will not ask to remove it normally.

1 Like

Got it. Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.