Need help with Dual Monitor setup

I am trying to get dual monitor going with identical monitors both of which are 1920x1200
This is fresh install of TW while preserving my home directory (from a previous TW install that crashed on me due to hw error)

Driver is NVIDIA G05 (440.100) from yast

e.g:
# zypper se "*nvidia*"
Loading repository data...
Reading installed packages...

S  | Name                       | Summary                                                               | Type
---+----------------------------+-----------------------------------------------------------------------+--------
i  | kernel-firmware-nvidia     | Kernel firmware files for Nvidia Tegra and graphics drivers           | package
   | libnvidia-container-devel  | NVIDIA container runtime library (development files)                  | package
   | libnvidia-container-static | NVIDIA container runtime library (static library)                     | package
   | libnvidia-container-tools  | NVIDIA container runtime library (command-line tools)                 | package
   | libnvidia-container1       | NVIDIA container runtime library                                      | package
   | nvidia-computeG04          | NVIDIA driver for computing with GPGPU                                | package
i+ | nvidia-computeG05          | NVIDIA driver for computing with GPGPU                                | package
   | nvidia-container-toolkit   | NVIDIA Container Toolkit                                              | package
   | nvidia-gfxG04-kmp-default  | NVIDIA graphics driver kernel module for GeForce 400 series and newer | package
   | nvidia-gfxG04-kmp-pae      | NVIDIA graphics driver kernel module for GeForce 400 series and newer | package
i  | nvidia-gfxG05-kmp-default  | NVIDIA graphics driver kernel module for GeForce 600 series and newer | package
   | nvidia-glG04               | NVIDIA OpenGL libraries for OpenGL acceleration                       | package
i  | nvidia-glG05               | NVIDIA OpenGL libraries for OpenGL acceleration                       | package
   | nvidia-texture-tools       | NVIDIA Texture Tools                                                  | package
   | pcp-pmda-nvidia-gpu        | Performance Co-Pilot (PCP) metrics for the Nvidia GPU                 | package
   | x11-video-nvidiaG04        | NVIDIA graphics driver for GeForce 400 series and newer               | package
i  | x11-video-nvidiaG05        | NVIDIA graphics driver for GeForce 600 series and newer               | package

# lsmod|grep nvidia

i2c_nvidia_gpu         16384  0
nvidia_drm             57344  7
nvidia_modeset       1118208  11 nvidia_drm
nvidia              20729856  660 nvidia_modeset
ipmi_msghandler        81920  1 nvidia
drm_kms_helper        262144  1 nvidia_drm
drm                   581632  10 drm_kms_helper,nvidia_drm

# ls -ld  /dev/nvidia*

crw-rw----+ 1 root video 195,   0 Jun 30 19:31 /dev/nvidia0
crw-rw----+ 1 root video 195,   1 Jun 30 19:31 /dev/nvidia1
crw-rw----+ 1 root video 195, 255 Jun 30 19:31 /dev/nvidiactl
crw-rw----+ 1 root video 195, 254 Jun 30 19:31 /dev/nvidia-modeset

Where is nvidia-uvm? or does that matter?

relevant parts of /etc/X11/xorg.conf
Section "Monitor"
# HorizSync source: edid, VertRefresh source: edid
    Identifier     "Monitor0"
    VendorName     "Unknown"
    ModelName      "Ancor Communications Inc ASUS VE278"
    HorizSync       24.0 - 92.0
    VertRefresh     50.0 - 85.0
    Option         "DPMS"
EndSection

Section "Monitor"
# HorizSync source: unknown, VertRefresh source: unknown
    Identifier     "Monitor1"
    VendorName     "Unknown"
    ModelName      "Ancor Communications Inc ASUS VE278"
    HorizSync       24.0 - 92.0
    VertRefresh     50.0 - 85.0
    Option         "DPMS"
EndSection

Section "Device"
       Identifier     "Device0"
       Driver         "nvidia"
       VendorName     "NVIDIA Corporation"
       BoardName      "GeForce RTX 2060"
       Option         "Coolbits" "4"
       BusID          "PCI:3:0:0"
EndSection

Section "Device"
    Identifier     "Device1"
    Driver         "nvidia"
    VendorName     "NVIDIA Corporation"
    BoardName      "GeForce GTX 1660 Ti"
    Option         "Coolbits" "4"
    BusID          "PCI:5:0:0"
EndSection

Section "Screen"
    Identifier     "Screen0"
    Device         "Device0"
    Monitor        "Monitor0"
    DefaultDepth    24
    Option         "Stereo" "0"
    Option         "nvidiaXineramaInfoOrder" "DFP-1"
    Option         "metamodes" "nvidia-auto-select +0+0"
    Option         "SLI" "Off"
    Option         "MultiGPU" "Off"
    Option         "BaseMosaic" "off"
    SubSection     "Display"
        Depth       24
    EndSubSection
EndSection

Section "Screen"
    Identifier     "Screen1"
    Device         "Device1"
    Monitor        "Monitor1"
    DefaultDepth    24
    Option         "Stereo" "0"
    Option         "nvidiaXineramaInfoOrder" "DFP-3"
    Option         "metamodes" "nvidia-auto-select +0+0 {AllowGSYNC=Off}"
    Option         "SLI" "Off"
    Option         "MultiGPU" "Off"
    Option         "BaseMosaic" "off"
    SubSection     "Display"
        Depth       24
    EndSubSection
EndSection

I have a DP cable plugged into the GTX 1660 ti and an HDMI cable plugged in to the RTX 2060
Only the RTX 2060 produces a visible screen on one monitor.

lspci shows both gpu’s
GPU-0 RTX 2060
GPU-1 GTX 1660 ti
nvidia-settings shows both gpu’s enabled but on the little screens it displays, one is the normal enabled color and the other is brown or organge.

System Settings only shows one screen and dragging on it doesnt produce another screen (as can happen if they are overlayed)

What am I missing?

I must be missing something. Why do you need or want two discreet graphics cards without SLI for only two displays? Two displays from one card should work automatically with any non-ancient graphics card and the FOSS drivers, as with all mine made in the past 12 or more years.

Well, I had a lot of trouble getting opencl to work. boinc can use the compute capability of both cards in parallel and I want that ability plus dual display. If i go to Dual Display using one GPU the other is ignored by boinc. This wasnt always true, before i reinstalled TW this worked for me. i had both monitors plugged into the RTX 2060 and Boinc was happily running work on both GPU’s - that is what i want to get back to. Can you tell me how to get that setup?

I don’t know. Hopefully someone else will.

Well, I reconnected my monitors to a single GPU and got both my screens working, But there is another issue.
On boot ,as a regular user, clinfo shows no platforms, but if i then run clinfo as root it shows both GPU’s ok, after that clinfo as a regular user shows both GPU’s.
This is repeatable and happens at every boot.
So, running clinfo as root changes something, i dont know what tho.
I need the openCL to be working in order to run boinc and have it see the GPU. If i dont follow the above procedure it doesnt see either GPU.
If anyone can explain this I’d be deeply appreciative.
TIA

I saw something similar years ago, please check if you see the nvidia_uvm module after invoking clinfo as superuser and you also should see the corresponding uvm device (sorry, I don’t remember where exactly in /dev/… that should be).
There was something wrong with permissions in the script expected to create the uvm device, but once the superuser was able to create the device, everything worked fine.
Sorry I can’t recall now exactly where the problem was, maybe somebody else can help.

Found the following bug by asking the dinosaur still in my garden (it has a better memory apparently…)
https://bugzilla.opensuse.org/show_bug.cgi?id=879767
maybe something similar resurfaced. Installing the 50-nvidia.conf file attached to the bug report solved the problem at the time, but I have no idea what the situation is like currently.