Multi versions of glibc-gconv-modules-extra-32bit installed

I just updated a system using Myrlyn Update function (equivalent to zypper up).

It gave en error in the installation of the above package. U choose ignore and the update finished normal.

Investigation:

boven:~ # zypper se -si glibc-gconv
Loading repository data...
Reading installed packages...

S  | Name                            | Type    | Version         | Arch   | Repository
---+---------------------------------+---------+-----------------+--------+------------------
i  | glibc-gconv-modules-extra       | package | 2.40-160000.7.1 | x86_64 | Main (OSS)
i  | glibc-gconv-modules-extra-32bit | package | 2.40-160000.6.1 | x86_64 | (System Packages)
i  | glibc-gconv-modules-extra-32bit | package | 2.40-160000.6.1 | x86_64 | (System Packages)
i  | glibc-gconv-modules-extra-32bit | package | 2.40-160000.5.1 | x86_64 | (System Packages)
i  | glibc-gconv-modules-extra-32bit | package | 2.40-160000.7.1 | x86_64 | Main (OSS)

    Note: For an extended search including not yet activated remote resources please use 'zypper
    search-packages'.
boven:~ # 

I assume I can remove the three “old” ones, but I do not understand why they are still there where a newer version is available. As (System Packages) they do not seem to be in any used repo, but

boven:~ # zypper pa --orphaned
Loading repository data...
Reading installed packages...
No packages found.
boven:~ # 

The system is an upgrade from 15.6 > 16.0 and many version before that. It had the Packman repo before, but that was not used in the upgrade > 16.0.

boven:~ # zypper lr -d
# | Alias   | Name           | Enabled | GPG Check | Refresh | Keep | Priority | Type   | URI                                                                     | Service
--+---------+----------------+---------+-----------+---------+------+----------+--------+-------------------------------------------------------------------------+--------
1 | non-oss | Main (Non-OSS) | Yes     | (r ) Yes  | Yes     | -    |   99     | rpm-md | http://download.opensuse.org/distribution/leap/16.0/repo/non-oss/x86_64 | 
2 | open264 | open264 codecs | Yes     | (r ) Yes  | Yes     | -    |   99     | rpm-md | http://codecs.opensuse.org/openh264/openSUSE_Leap_16/                   | 
3 | oss     | Main (OSS)     | Yes     | (r ) Yes  | Yes     | -    |   99     | rpm-md | http://download.opensuse.org/distribution/leap/16.0/repo/oss/x86_64     | 
4 | vlc     | Videolan       | Yes     | (r ) Yes  | Yes     | -    |   99     | rpm-md | https://download.videolan.org/SuSE/16.0/                                | 
boven:~ # 

Any ideas how this could happen? Any advice if removal of the three is agood idea?

Can you delete them:
rpm -e glibc-gconv-modules-extra-32bit-2.40-160000.6.1.x86_64

If not maybe this bug:
https://bugzilla.suse.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1246497

boven:~ # rpm -e glibc-gconv-modules-extra-32bit-2.40-160000.6.1.x86_64
error: "glibc-gconv-modules-extra-32bit-2.40-160000.6.1.x86_64" specifies multiple packages:
  glibc-gconv-modules-extra-32bit-2.40-160000.6.1.x86_64
  glibc-gconv-modules-extra-32bit-2.40-160000.6.1.x86_64
boven:~ # rpm -e glibc-gconv-modules-extra-32bit-2.40-160000.5.1.x86_64
/var/tmp/rpm-tmp.hFWdUu: line 1: /usr/sbin/iconvconfig-32: cannot execute binary file: Exec format error
error: %preun(glibc-gconv-modules-extra-32bit-2.40-160000.5.1.x86_64) scriptlet failed, exit status 126
error: glibc-gconv-modules-extra-32bit-2.40-160000.5.1.x86_64: erase failed
boven:~ # 

I can understand the error about the 6.1 version. Which one to choose?
But the 5.1 is also not easy to kill.

Delete all, see #9 in the bugreport.

If you need the lib, install it afterwards.

The bug repoort was a bit above my paygrade, thus I did not read all. But

boven:~ # rpm -e --allmatches --nodeps --noscripts --notriggers glibc-gconv-modules-extra-32bit
boven:~ # zypper se -si glibc-gconv
Loading repository data...
Reading installed packages...

S  | Name                      | Type    | Version         | Arch   | Repository
---+---------------------------+---------+-----------------+--------+-----------
i  | glibc-gconv-modules-extra | package | 2.40-160000.7.1 | x86_64 | Main (OSS)

    Note: For an extended search including not yet activated remote resources please use 'zypper
    search-packages'.
boven:~ #

They are gone now.
I may install the correct one, but I doubt I need it.

In any case thanks for the help!