Mouse Click not Functioning

I’m fairly new to Linux, having only installed it on my netbook a few months ago with Ubuntu. Wanting to try a different distro, I installed openSUSE 12.2 x64 onto my desktop. At first everything seems to be working, but after opening an application, such as Firefox, or even a simple folder to view my hard drive, my mouse no longer can click on anything. The mouse will occasionally focus on a window if I right-click inside of it, but other than that I can not navigate using my mouse. My keyboard works and my mouse continues to move around, but can not interact with the different windows.
I’ve tried using both my wired lynx-s2 wired mouse and the wireless mouse I use for my netbook with Ubuntu, but still had the same problem. I tried installing Ubuntu instead onto my computer, but continued to have the same issue. I reinstalled opensuse onto my computer, but am still experiencing this issue. What can I do to resolve this?

I have Windows 7 installed on one hard drive and openSUSE installed on a second hard drive and just have the launch order set through BIOS/UEFI.

Please tell us which desktop environment you’re using. It could be relevant here.