Mount CIFS drive with multiple credentials files?

Hi there,

I’d like to have a CIFS drive mountable for various users. Each user uses different credentials and I want the drives to be automounted without using sudo-rights. I imagine the best thing to do would be to have the fstab entry point to multiple credentials files. Is there a way of doing that? Google hasn’t given me a lot of help here. Thanks a lot! :slight_smile:

Best,
Daniel

On Tue July 26 2011 07:26 am, erget wrote:

>
> Hi there,
>
> I’d like to have a CIFS drive mountable for various users. Each user
> uses different credentials and I want the drives to be automounted
> without using sudo-rights. I imagine the best thing to do would be to
> have the fstab entry point to multiple credentials files. Is there a way
> of doing that? Google hasn’t given me a lot of help here. Thanks a lot!
> :slight_smile:
>
> Best,
> Daniel
>

erget;

The drives in /etc/fstab are mounted before a user logs in. How would the
system know who is about to login? Moreover, when a user logs out how would
you dismount that drive before the next user logs in?

P. V.
“We’re all in this together, I’m pulling for you.” Red Green

Drives in /etc/fstab are only mounted before login if they have the option auto. Since the Internet connection takes a few seconds to establish, I’ve allowed users to mount those drives without sudo rights and put a script in their autostart folder that mounts them after they log on, therefore they’re already logged on when the drives are mounted. Unmounting isn’t really the problem because the work station isn’t in a lab or anything, so the user normally shuts off the computer completely before another comes. I just don’t want the drives to be mounted and have someone able to access the other’s personal files without them knowing it.