MOST ANNOYING KDE 4 BUGS?? SHARE IT WITH US.

It’s ‘Bells & Whistles’ (the saying)

And kde4.2 beta has both. There is no issue here. If you have a problem with beta 4,2 try re-naming .kde4 to .kde4old to start fresh and see if the problem remains. You can switch back easy enough.
As for kde3 it is flawless too.

Nothing will hide before You huh :)??
I got stillKDE4.1.3. If You’ll tell me that KDE 4.2 is more ready and it’s applications have most of the features of their KDE 3 counterapps then i’m sold :smiley:

Remember KDE 4 is still under heavy development, you can’t compare it to a mature and stable desktop environment like KDE 3.

How different is KDE4.1.3 from 4.2 if it goes about production ready?? It may have been stabilized a bit but it’s still not even near production ready distribution.

And it’s funny they published KDE 4.0 when it was definitely not ready while most of the applications we’re not made or at least had 10% features. I can compare (because i’m not a developer yet rotfl!) it because it’s long enough and they should already know how to program in Qt4.4 :]

Also how different is Qt 4.4 from Qt 3 :)?? Everything always points to low level hooks right?

It should carry a Hazardous to Your health Warning. BUT. Compare 4.0.4 to current beta 4.2 and they are worlds apart.

Once you make the leap, you’ll never look back. (Just make sure kde3 is in place too)

Be prepared. Make a backup of .kde4
You will probably be best starting with a New .kde4
Powerdevil is missing, so I have had to go back to kpowersave

How different is KDE4.1.3 from 4.2 if it goes about production ready??

I think I already gave you some info on this. But I would Honestly say it’s near ready, At least it has been a BIG improvement over 4.1.3 and everything works.

I realize of course this can all go down the pan.

Well i did move to 4.2 Beta BUT :smiley:
How the hell did it upgrade me to 11.2 Alpha if i just added Unstable repo for 11.1 ??!!
I had couple problems with Plasma Crashing but no is ok at last (i cursed a bit but no matter rotfl!)

You added the wrong repo’s I guess.

Are you running 11.1 or 11.0

I run 11.1 . Could it be that Unstable repo for 11.1 is in fact factory repo or something?? But how the hell could i get new kernel etc. ??? It should be at factory repo which i don’t have??

these are the repo’s

Index of /repositories/KDE:/KDE4:/UNSTABLE:/Desktop/openSUSE_11.1

Index of /repositories/KDE:/KDE4:/UNSTABLE:/Extra-Apps/openSUSE_11.1

Index of /repositories/KDE:/KDE4:/Community/openSUSE_11.1_KDE4_UNSTABLE_Desktop

And these are the repositories I use, the same as Yours except i don’t use the Community one. Should I add it?

I actually use 11.0 repo’s

give us:

zypper lr

And of course there will be some difference in the 11.0 and 11.1 factory for kde4.

As for having 11.2
You have probably added the Factory repo for the oss

| Alias | Name | Enabled | Refresh | Type

—±-----------------------------±--------------------------------±--------±--------±------
1 | KDE:KDE4:UNSTABLE:Desktop | KDE:KDE4:UNSTABLE:Desktop | Yes | Yes | rpm-md
2 | KDE:KDE4:UNSTABLE:Extra-Apps | KDE:KDE4:UNSTABLE:Extra-Apps | Yes | Yes | rpm-md
3 | KDE_4_COMMUNITY_UNSTABLE | KDE 4 COMMUNITY UNSTABLE | Yes | Yes | rpm-md
4 | home:Fisiu | home:Fisiu | Yes | Yes | rpm-md
5 | repo | VideoLan Repository | Yes | Yes | rpm-md
6 | repo_5 | Main Repository (NON-OSS) | Yes | Yes | yast2
7 | repo_6 | Main Repository (OSS) | Yes | Yes | yast2
8 | repo_7 | openSUSE BuildService - Mozilla | Yes | Yes | rpm-md
9 | repo_8 | Main Update Repository | Yes | Yes | rpm-md
10 | repo_9 | Packman Repository | Yes | Yes | rpm-md

And every repo is supposed to be 11.1 not Factory

URL: Index of /distribution/11.1-RC1/repo/oss

URL: Index of /distribution/11.1-RC1/repo/non-oss

URL: Index of /update/11.1

Weird, address that shows in Yast is without the -RC1 but when i copied&pasted it RC1 shows up???

Yes. They look OK

so what does this give from a terminal

uname -a

Linux linux-lav0 2.6.27.8-1-default #1 SMP 2008-12-08 03:55:28 +0100 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

On a separate note. Most of use do not have the VLC repo enabled. We just install libdvdcss from there and then use Packman and update all unconditionally there to have all multi-media from Packman.
FYI

I know i know :slight_smile: VideoLan is crappy when compared to Packman repo:)

So how did you install 11.1
From a dvd? Is it rc1?
Where was it downloaded from?

Yeah it was RC1 DVD, i hope to download delta today :slight_smile:
Adn seed both after merging :slight_smile:

I had GMC from 5th December, kernel was newer than i got right now, weird.