Minetest Launcher Blackout

hello, i am having a issue with minetest and was wondering if its my box or if its a minetest 4.9 bug for linux.

i installed using minetest.yum and when i open the launcher it is blacked out with white empty buttons and text area’s, figured i would ask here before posting there.

specs
processor: amd athlon 64 x2 5000+
4gb ram
nvidia geforce gt 610

blackmagickman wrote:
>
> hello, i am having a issue with minetest and was wondering if its my box
> or if its a minetest 4.9 bug for linux.
>
> i installed using minetest.yum and when i open the launcher it is
> blacked out with white empty buttons and text area’s, figured i would
> ask here before posting there.
>
> specs
> OS: openSUSE 13.1
> processor: amd athlon 64 x2 5000+
> 4gb ram
> nvidia geforce gt 610
>
>
I am curious as to why you went for “yum” when there are 1 Clicks
available for openSUSE

http://software.opensuse.org/package/minetest

GNOME 3.10.2
openSUSE 13.1 (Bottle) (x86_64) 64-bit
Kernel Linux 3.11.6-4-desktop

sorry for that was a mistake it was a 1click install not a yum, and also tried to use YaST2 install, i am not sure at the moment but i believe the issue was due to nvidia driver issues i was using the wrong version and a update corrupted them, i will get back after i finish updating and installing software again.

back and tested with the new install, same issue is going on i think it could be something wrong with the launcher its self but i have looked and only found this issue replicated on another Linux distro :\ i ll keep looking and maybe with a patch it will fix the issue.

hope this helps anyone else having this issue

http://img.bi/#!0pfMAOO!vB5C8aLaKWF5UNCK6WhjKN5AZI5MisLlPJKbngcK

22:39:04: ERROR[main]: GUIFormSpecMenu::drawMenu() Draw images unable to load texture:
22:39:04: ERROR[main]: 	/home/<USERNAME>/.minetest/textures/base/pack/logo.png

Hi,
I have exactly the same issue with minetest-0.4.9, but I haven’t found a solution for it either. Instead, what I did was run the windows version though Wine, which works great.
With the release of version 0.4.10 for windows, I am still waiting for them to update the openSUSE repository to version 0.4.10. In the meantime, version 0.4.10 is causing a bit of trouble through wine, so I usually play the 0.4.9 version…

-Dartmouth

after some time and effort i had figured out the issue, i had to compile minetest myself it was not to hard as i found a large number of tutorials on doing just this, it was well worth the time and effort as i was able to get it setup and running flawless please take the time to do this as well, you wont be disappointed and you will be playing in no time :slight_smile: