MicroOS Accessing python interpertor in vscode or in pycharm from distrobox container

Hi,
I installed microOS tumbleweed. I create one distrobox container for my development environment. I installed python3.12. I want to access from the host I want to set the interpreter from distrobox container. I go to that venv but pycharm and vs code not picking up the python3.12 interpreter. Can some one help me. When I see the file in host machine it says python3.12 Link(broken), please see the screenshot.

any help will appreciate.

Thanks

Did you setup vscode to be able to see and use your distroboxes?

No I did not. If I use docker then it is easy to install docker extension and develop inside the docker through vscode. This is distrobox different technology but under the hood same concept. I am following your tutorial and let’s see what happened. Thanks for sharing.

Thanks

I followed the tutorial, but vscode giving me error there is no container running. Please see the attached screenshot. Any clue where I am doing wrong.
Thanks

Did you use distrobox create to create a container?

HI,
That was my command to create the container.

distrobox create --root   --image registry.opensuse.org/opensuse/distrobox:latest   --additional-packages "systemd docker"   --init   --unshare-all

Thanks

I can’t recall if it being a --root distrobox causes issues or not. You might want to pop into #distrobox:matrix.org on matrix, or ask on their github.

Hi,
I think I got it. My issue was i created the container under root account. I created now under user and able to access in vs code. Thanks for your help. Another tip I need to install dev container extension manually rather than from extension manager.

Thanks