Lsb-core install

Hello, I just installed tumbleweed and I am doing some lisence server setup to use a paid software (autodesk maya) I need to run ./lmutil and ./lmgrd but it gives error. I solved that by “sudo apt install lsb-core” in mint but I couldn’t install lsb-core in opensuse with zypper install lsb-core.

As we do not know what you solved (you never show the actual error or explained what was missing) it is rather difficult to guess what may be needed on Tumbleweed. Stab in the dark - you may try to install lsb.

1 Like

Yes you are right. The error was “./lmgrd: cannot execute binary file: Exec format error” after making sudo apt install lsb-core it was working as expected

Maybe you could leave out the Mint story and just tell what your problem is on openSUSE Tumbleweed. And we do not like story telling very much, we like you posting commands and their output (copy/paste). And please paste that using the </> button (Preformatted text) from the toolbar of the posteditor.

Show output of

file ./lmgrd

<file ./lmgrd
./lmgrd: data>

The other file gives this error:
< sudo ./lmutil hostid
[sudo] password for root:
sudo: ./lmutil: command not found>

Thank you for the info. I will use it.

This file is not executable whatever it is. At least, it is not x86 ELF executable.

can I change it to executable? chmod -x didn’t worked.

That is nonsense. It is not executable, not a x68ELF, nor a script.

What you probably try to do is allowing someone (owner, group and/or all) to execute it, but no allowance will make it executable.

And setting -x will take a way the x permission, exactcly what you are not trying to do.

Okay I understood now. Name of the files were same and I thought I could save it by changing to executable.