lost dual boot

Everything was working fine with dual boot sda/osuse 11.2 and sdb/kubuntu. Decided to install new 11.3. Lost dual boot, can now only boot to 11.3, sort expected that. I see the root and home partitions in Dolphin but can’t mount or open them? Would like to access the files copy to Osuse. Rite clik get me “error permission denied” I can reinstall Kubunt and it will set up my boot loader correctly with grub2, but is their a better quicker way? Why does Osuse still use the legacy grub?

Actually grub 2 is not recommended for production systems - but using it might be a fairly easy solution for you.
I’m using grub 2 right now on this Laptop that I just put Ub* on earlier today. I could switch to SUSE grub in about 2 minutes…blah…blah
But if you are using a grub 2 distro on a machine, I think it’s easier to use grub 2 for as long as you have it. For me, that’ll be a day or two…

Lost me. I dont know how to go back to grub2, Its used with all K ubuntu systems, but when I installed Osuse I lost the Kubuntu boot loader (grub2).

HowTo Multiboot Ubuntu from openSUSE using the GRUB bootloader

this link should help…

this is what you add to your menu.lst in grub legacy to get ubuntu on your opensuse boot splash screen:

#Don’t change this comment - YaST2 identifier: Original name: none#
title Ubuntu 10.4 booting via symlinks
root (hd0,8)
kernel /vmlinuz root=/dev/sda9 ro quiet splash
initrd /initrd.img

Make sure to adjust (hdX,Y), and /sdaZ to correspond with your systems information

good luck !

-Cheers

Here is a guide to reinstall grub 2
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Grub2#Recover%20Grub%202%20via%20LiveCD

Once you have kubuntu booting with grub2 properly you may have to run this:

sudo update-grub

again to pick up all OS’s