LIRC and SoundGraph iMON PAD Remote Controller

Hi everyone.
I’m having a problem with my Antec Fusion Silver case. It has a SoundGraph iMON PAD Remote Controller an I’m trying to a remote to work with it.
I’m having opensuse 11.0 and lirc 0.8.3-8.1.
Under /dev I’m having only one lirc-device, lirc0 (and a symlink from lirc->lirc0). When I start up mode2 and point any of several remotes to the case, I’m not receiving anything. When I turn the knob, I am getting some response.
Should there be a second device, which handles the IR receiver? How would I get a second device?
Here’s some more info:

[code=lsusb | grep Remote]Bus 005 Device 002: ID 15c2:ffdc SoundGraph Inc. iMON PAD Remote Controller

[code=lsmod | grep imon]lirc_imon              21900  1
lirc_dev               18344  1 lirc_imon
usbcore               152140  6 lirc_imon,usbhid,ehci_hcd,ohci_hcd

If you need more information, I’ll try to get it to you ASAP :slight_smile:

Martin

This is way too advanced for me to help. I note no one else chimed in to help.

I recommend you install “xchat” program, and then go to IRC freenode channel #alsa and ask for help there. You may have to try a few times to get a response. There are many sound guru there (such as crimsum, gnubian, wishie … etc … ) who may be able to help you .

Hello everyone,

I don’t want to start a new post, so I pick up this one.

First of all, lirc almost works fine.
“mode2” shows me lirc receives some signal from my imon PAD.

Nevertheless, I guess I need to compile lirc-0.8.3 on my own, because I need the “pad2keys-patch” to get my remote-controller to work the way I want (pad2keys-patch offers up/down/left/right-functionality to the knob in the middle of the controller)

Unfortunetaly compiling fails.
Configure gives a warning:

configure: WARNING: Cache variable ac_cv_have_kernel contains a newline.

Make fails with a

Makefile:187: *** missing separator (Meinten Sie TAB anstelle von 8 Leerzeichen?).  Schluss.

…Did you mean TAB instead of 8 blanks?..

Well, I had a look at line 187 in Makefile

The block that seems to be the problem is

ERROR: Kernel configuration is invalid.
         include/linux/autoconf.h or include/config/auto.conf are missing.
         Run 'make oldconfig && make prepare' on kernel src to fix it.

Line 187 is this one:

include/linux/autoconf.h or include/config/auto.conf are missing.

Compiling works with Sidux, and now I have no idea where exactly to look for the problem.

So my question: does anyone have an idea about this, or does anyone know if pad2keys-patch is already compiled into lirc_imon2 and I just have to set the right option (like "options pad2keys_active = 1) or something like that.

Kind regards
Maehrus