Links would be nice

I have a suggestion for the Forums, but I do not know if it can be done.

It would be nice to see some links at the top of the Forums to point to the Knowledge Base or Support Pages, to the News (I am pleased to see @ddemaio is still looking after that), maybe to a couple of other useful resources.

Since some of these things have been moved around, I am not certain which locations are our official ones for some things.

1 Like

It is possible…

For example Manjaro’s main page…

An admin decision of course.

1 Like

Thank you, Deano! Now, if only someone could do that … (but openSUSE, not Manjaro :stuck_out_tongue: )

For sure…there were mod/admin discussions leading up to the cutover, but I can’t recall if this was specifically mentioned or not, but anyway I’m sure this will prompt further discussion.

1 Like

I would expect it was more of an oversight, since we had links on the previous platform. Likely nobody even got around to mentioning it until now.

It wasn’t oversight as such. I recall admin discussions (which I can still view) discussing categories, layout, (and content to be migrated) with Jacob Michalskie who assisted with the migration work. However, requests such as this can be considered in their own right fo course.

Oh, okay. Thanks.

I believe this can be done, and probably even without changes to the software. Let me do some research. If it works the way I think it does, we should be able to add them in the left nav where you see “Topics” and “My Posts”.

1 Like

It definitely can be done, as other Discourse Forums have it (eg the Forum I linked to already).

2 Likes

We’ve added a section in the left nav called “openSUSE Resources” which contains links to some commonly-needed (or accessed) sites. Thanks for the suggestion!

3 Likes

Thank you, Jim! Those are perfect selections!

1 Like