Lenovo 3000 n200 dont have sound

I have installed suse 11 on my Lenovo 300 N200 and everything is fine but I have one big problem…dont have any sound…but my sound card looking correct installed…can everbody give me a hand…thanks…

Lenovo 3000 N200 - Linux Laptop Wiki

I added this line to modprobe.conf (in /etc)
options snd-hda-intel model=lenovo

Rebooted and all works fine - I have same lappy.

where there on the end of modprobe.conf?

yup… :slight_smile:

Make a copy first if you are nervous.

I am not nervous…but I do it…no changes…there is no sound…
I put your line in the options area on modprobe…
is your line correct…?

Yes its correct

Business In Simplicity - linux on a laptop

And works fine here.

This is a Mandriva method. On openSUSE we prefer to add such options in the /etc/modprobe.d/sound file.

One could add that line to the “options snd-hda-intel model=lenovo” to the end of the /etc/modprobe.d/sound file, and then test their sound by restart alsa with: rcalsasound restart

I pass as to the best practice :slight_smile:

When i couldn’t get sound working, googled. And thats working fine for me.

I edit the sound file in the modeprobe but now I get a terrible piep voice but no sound…

if I give the command rcalsasound restart in the terminal for restart alsa than I get an error command not found…:frowning:

how I can mark this thread as finished…now I have sound the problem is fixed…
the solution is…as first you have to install alsa firmware completly than to put the change in the sound file…thanks a lot for help…

well i am new to linux and I am quite sure of the command lines. I tried opening the file modprobe but then i could not edit it as I do not have the rights. how do i edit it. Well i did try sudo in the terminal guess I was wrong or something was not rite…

could someone help

sudo is for Ubuntu. Not openSUSE.

If using KDE, to open an editor with root permissions try: kdesu kwrite
If using Gnome, to open an editor with root permissions, try: gnomesu youreditor
where “youreditor” is your favorite gnome text editor.