Leap not booting after update

Hi,

I just had an update to OpenSuse and it seemed to break my nvidia drivers so I reinstalled and after the update openSUSE just crashed and all the icons went blank and now when I reboot I get stuck at tyy1 with the error that “Failed to start X Display Manager” and that is exited status=6/notconfigured

Reinstalled the drivers a couple of times to no avail, tried rolling back but the earliest version (from this morning) still doesn’t work. Any help much appreciated.

I’ve seen a few similar threads but couldn’t find the link to my issue as they seemed to quick diverge.

I’ve included the output from journalctl -cue display-manager.service

Thanks

Still struggling with this, any ideas. When I try startx manually I get told I did not instal any xserver and that I should install one, surely x server wasn’t removed?

Here is the output from /var/log/Xorg.0.log

Xorg log susepaste

Your link is not working, as you are using the deprecated URL for susepaste. Use https://paste.opensuse.org/

1 Like

Thanks I didn’t realise

Xorg log susepaste updated

So it appears Plasma got totally removed which I can’t understand how this happened after an update. The only other thing that was getting update was brave browser which also got removed.

To fix the underlying problem I had to reinstall Plasma:

zypper install -t pattern kde kde_plasma

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.