kupdateapplet patch problem

Hello to all,

I’ve searched the forum and haven’t found anything that suits my problem.
For about a month now, I’m having an annoying problem with kupdateapplet patch
“kupdateapplet spams the screen during online update
(possible at the KDE4.3.5 upgrade). This bug is fixed by
this update.”

but, when i start the update I get this:
Operation was too complex: Problem: patch:kupdateapplet-2056.noarch conflicts with kupdateapplet.x86_64 openSUSE install kupdateapplet-packagekit-0.9.9-0.1.1.x86_64 (with vendor change) obs://build.opensuse.org/KDE → openSUSE install kupdateapplet-zypp-0.9.9-0.1.1.x86_64 (with vendor change) obs://build.opensuse.org/KDE → openSUSE Solution 2: do not install patch:kupdateapplet-2056.noarch

I’ve tried through yast but it says that installed version is newer then the patch

I use KDE 4.3.5 on opensuse 11.2

Please post result of

zypper lr -d

1 | KDE:KDE4:STABLE:Desktop | KDE:KDE4:STABLE:Desktop | Yes | Yes | 99 | rpm-md | Index of /repositories/KDE:/KDE4:/STABLE:/Desktop/openSUSE_11.2 |
2 | download.nvidia.com-opensuse | NVIDIA Repository | Yes | Yes | 99 | rpm-md | ftp://download.nvidia.com/opensuse/11.2/ |
3 | download.opensuse.org-Backports | openSUSE BuildService - KDE:Backports | Yes | Yes | 99 | rpm-md | Index of /repositories/KDE:/Backports/openSUSE_11.2 |
4 | download.opensuse.org-Community | openSUSE BuildService - KDE:KDE4:Community | Yes | Yes | 99 | rpm-md | Index of /repositories/KDE:/KDE4:/Community/openSUSE_11.2 |
5 | download.opensuse.org-Community_1 | openSUSE BuildService - Mono:Community | Yes | Yes | 99 | rpm-md | Index of /repositories/Mono:/Community/openSUSE_11.2 |
6 | download.opensuse.org-STABLE | openSUSE BuildService - OpenOffice.org | Yes | Yes | 99 | rpm-md | Index of /repositories/OpenOffice.org:/STABLE/openSUSE_11.2 |
7 | download.opensuse.org-Wine | openSUSE BuildService - Wine CVS Builds | Yes | Yes | 99 | rpm-md | Index of /repositories/Emulators:/Wine/openSUSE_11.2 |
8 | download.opensuse.org-games | openSUSE BuildService - Games | Yes | Yes | 99 | rpm-md | Index of /repositories/games/openSUSE_11.2 |
9 | download.opensuse.org-mozilla | openSUSE BuildService - Mozilla | Yes | Yes | 99 | rpm-md | Index of /repositories/mozilla/openSUSE_11.2 |
10 | download.opensuse.org-oss | Main Repository (Sources) | Yes | Yes | 99 | yast2 | Index of /source/distribution/11.2/repo/oss |
11 | download.opensuse.org-standard | Main Repository (Contrib) | Yes | Yes | 99 | rpm-md | Index of /repositories/openSUSE:/11.2:/Contrib/standard |
12 | download.videolan.org-SuSE | VideoLan Repository | Yes | Yes | 99 | rpm-md | Index of /pub/videolan/vlc/SuSE/11.2/ |
13 | ftp.skynet.be-suse | Packman Repository | Yes | Yes | 99 | rpm-md | http://ftp.skynet.be/pub/packman/suse/11.2/ |
14 | http-download.opensuse.org-4ab133fd | Updates for openSUSE 11.2-0 | Yes | Yes | 99 | rpm-md | Index of /update/11.2 |
15 | Index of /suse/11.2 | Index of /suse/11.2 | Yes | Yes | 99 | rpm-md | Index of /suse/11.2 |
16 | mono-stable | mono-stable | Yes | Yes | 99 | rpm-md | Index of /pub/mono/download-stable/openSUSE_11.2 |
17 | openSUSE 11.2-0 | openSUSE 11.2-0 | No | No | 99 | yast2 | cd:/// |
18 | repo-debug | openSUSE-11.2-Debug | Yes | Yes | 99 | yast2 | Index of /debug/distribution/11.2/repo/oss |
19 | repo-non-oss | openSUSE-11.2-Non-Oss | Yes | Yes | 99 | yast2 | Index of /distribution/11.2/repo/non-oss |
20 | repo-oss | openSUSE-11.2-Oss | Yes | Yes | 99 | yast2 | Index of /distribution/11.2/repo/oss |
21 | repo-source | openSUSE-11.2-Source | Yes | Yes | 99 | yast2 | Index of /source/distribution/11.2/repo/oss

Try doing this on the kde4 stable desktop

ImageBam - Fast, Free Image Hosting and Photo Sharing

If you are using backports for amarok you may want to or have to work round it rolling back to stable. Do you understand that?

I would be lying if I said that I do :slight_smile:
But, in your opinion should I do that or should I leave it as is, because zypper via cli works for updates without a problem?

Try it, you don’t have to proceed if it throws a stack of errors at you.

If it were me. I would disable backports, do the switcher on stable and let it change everything to kde4 stable.
Then reactivate backports and use the switch on that.

Ok, I’ll try, if it shows lot of errors, I’ll keep it the way it is,

thank you for your time.