Krunner issues

Hi there people.
Sometimes when I type something to run apps on krunner (alt + f2) it gets freeze for about 10 seconds. I say sometimes but sure it happens most of times I use krunner. Other times I write it on but then the app doesn’t come up until about 10 seconds…

Does someone else have this issue on krunner??
KDE 4.4.1, openSUSE 11.2

Thanks in advance.

I suggest removing the settings of KRunner:

rm ~/.kde4/share/config/krunnerrc

You’ll have to reconfigure those settings of KRunner after this.

I have similar problems with krunner. Like faco said, after starting an application, nothing happens for 10 to 15 seconds. Sometimes when typing text, krunner would freeze for some time. Occasionally krunner won’t start at all (Alt+F2).

All problems seem to be random and after short period of time everything is back to normal. I can’t say for sure, but I think this all started with kde4.4 installation (currently 4.4.1, had 4.3.5 before). Tried to delete krunnerc, but it didn’t help.

Since 4.4 is beta maybe you should check in the beta form and see if others are having the same problem.

Did you try gropiuskalle’s suggestion?

Looks like this has been fixed in latest kde release.

From 4.4.2 release notes
“The audioplayer KRunner plugin has been fixed to not freeze the KRunner UI anymore”

I already upgraded to the 4.4.2 version but the problem still exists. The fact is that it doesn’t get freeze only because of the amarok plugin it gets so with any command I put in. Of course sometimes it works just pretty good.

I am having the same issue. KRunner freezes evertime for me. I am running latest versions from repositories for 4.4.2 and running on 11.1 64bit. Really annoying behavior. :frowning:

Any of you tried gropiuskalle’s suggestion? It might simply be some old settings. No krunner issues here.

I just tried it now and YES it fixed the issue I had. Thank you.

I found that in my case the nepomuk search option was the problem. I just disabled it and now Krunner works great. Anyway this must be a nepomuk issue on my system and not exactly a KDE4 Krunner problem.

Hi! I have some problem. I have openSUSE 11.2 with kde4.2 :slight_smile:

I have forbidden the “control audio” search plugin and that solved the problem.