Konqueror Crash multiple monitors

I am having a very strange issue. I am new to OpenSuSE and loaded up 12.1 with the KDE desktop. Everything is working fine except for konqueror. It launches fine and on my main monitor I can use it with out any trouble. However moving it to my secondary monitor works fine unless I try to make it full screen. Then both monitors go black and the system hangs with no way out but to hard boot. Again it only occurs when I try to maximize the konqueror window. It seems odd this only occurs on the HP monitor not the ViewSonic.

This is the system specs.

Hp Pavilion Elite Intel I7 12 core
16 gigs ram
Nvidia GT 440 graphics card running the 290.10 driver from Nvidia

Monitor 0
ViewSonic A70f crt 1280 x 1024

Monitor 1
HP 2310e flat screen 1920 x 1080

Nvidia is set for twinview with the HP set to primary

Does this occur with desktop effects disabled as well?

You may need to file a bug report for this

openSUSE:Submitting bug reports - openSUSE

Can anyone else confirm this behaviour with konqueror and dual screen configuration with openSUSE 12.1? (This may be specific to the closed source nvidia driver and its GLX libraries perhaps).

So I just gave this a try on my i7 clone running a GT460 video card.

1. Installed the nVIDIA 290.10 64 bit driver the hard way.
  2. Have two monitors connected to the video card (HP with DVI & TV with HDMI)
  3. Selected Twinview using the nvidia-settings application
  4. The TV is above my HP monitor so I made the TV A****bsolute in position and the HP to be Below.
  5. The HP monitor is set as primary and gets the KDE 4 menu bar.
  6. I started konquero, move it to the top screen and made it fill the screen and it works.
  7. I then moved it to the bottom screen and it still worked full screen.

Now I have install the latest kernel 3.2, but I am not sure that makes any difference in this at all since I am loading the same nVIDIA driver and not using the built-in one. You can always give the latest kernel a try if you want. But I have no reason to think that is it, but …

S.A.K.C. - SUSE Automated Kernel Compiler - Version 2.50 - Blogs - openSUSE Forums

See Also:

S.G.T.B. - SuSE Git Kernel Tarball Creator - Version 1.78 - Blogs - openSUSE Forums

Installing the nVIDIA Video Driver the Hard Way - Blogs - openSUSE Forums

LNVHW - Load NVIDIA (driver the) Hard Way from runlevel 3 - Version 1.20 - Blogs - openSUSE Forums

Thank You,

Thank You,