KIWI LTSP not working in 12.1

I have been using opensuse edulife on a school server for 2 years. It has been very stable and never a problem. 12.1 will no successfully install kwiw-ltsp-setup -c produces errors about rsa keys and needing to manually fix the problem on the ssh server. No information on internet at all.
Also DHCP server will not start due to unspecified error. I have never given up on a problem but this might push me to ubuntu at this rate. Any help appreciated.

On 2012-01-18 12:16, gavfranc wrote:
>
> I have been using opensuse edulife on a school server for 2 years. It
> has been very stable and never a problem. 12.1 will no successfully
> install kwiw-ltsp-setup -c produces errors about rsa keys and needing to
> manually fix the problem on the ssh server. No information on internet
> at all.
> Also DHCP server will not start due to unspecified error. I have never
> given up on a problem but this might push me to ubuntu at this rate. Any
> help appreciated.

You might want to ask the edulife people, they may know about that.
Otherwise, you will have to give many more details.

Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.
(from 11.4 x86_64 “Celadon” at Telcontar)

Thanks for the reply, well dealing with the kiwi-ltsp-setup -c, when I run this I get the following code returned at the bottom.

KIWI-LTSP: 2012-01-17-18:41:34: Masquerading ip forward for internet connection sharing for localapps
Starting Firewall Initialization (phase 2 of 2) done
The following tasks need to be done manually:
===> No dsa key found for 10.0.0.254 / , please configure the ssh server correctly and ensure that the secondary server is up.
===> No rsa key found for 10.0.0.254 / , please configure the ssh server correctly and ensure that the secondary server is up.
KIWI-LTSP: 2012-01-17-18:41:36: ====== Setup completed ======

It says setup complete but nothing happens. I have checked that the ssh server is running and even turned off firewall to without success.
Regarding the DHCP server, again checking all services in yast, everything is set to start on boot up yet the DHCP just will not start. It just tells me unspecified error. This is a clean install of 12.1 so I am at a bit of a loss as to what might be happening.

A more detailed on LTSP is required on all distributions of Linux as it seems to cause a lot of problems especially after upgrades.

Let me know if further information is required.

Gav

On 2012-01-19 11:06, gavfranc wrote:
>
> Thanks for the reply, well dealing with the kiwi-ltsp-setup -c, when I
> run this I get the following code returned at the bottom.
>
> KIWI-LTSP: 2012-01-17-18:41:34: Masquerading ip forward for internet
> connection sharing for localapps
> Starting Firewall Initialization (phase 2 of 2)
> done
> The following tasks need to be done manually:
> ===> No dsa key found for 10.0.0.254 / , please configure the ssh
> server correctly and ensure that the secondary server is up.
> ===> No rsa key found for 10.0.0.254 / , please configure the ssh
> server correctly and ensure that the secondary server is up.
> KIWI-LTSP: 2012-01-17-18:41:36: ====== Setup completed ======

I know nothing about kiwi, you will have to read the documentation why it
wants a secondary ssh server.

> This is a clean install of 12.1 so I
> am at a bit of a loss as to what might be happening.

No, it is not. Yesterday you said you were using “opensuse edulife”, that
is not openSUSE 12.1. I know nothing about edulife.

If not, I have not understood you.

Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.

Edulife is just 12.1 with kiwi ltsp installed along with other educational software. As far as documentation, I would gladly read it and reply to an edulife forum but since the documentation is incredibly limited and the forum for edulife does not exist, I am a bit stumped.

On 2012-01-20 15:46, gavfranc wrote:
>
> Edulife is just 12.1 with kiwi ltsp installed along with other
> educational software. As far as documentation, I would gladly read it
> and reply to an edulife forum but since the documentation is incredibly
> limited and the forum for edulife does not exist, I am a bit stumped.

Sorry, I can’t help you more.

Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.

I was installing openSUSE 12.1 yesterday. I had the same error for “HOSTKEYS”.
I then found an obscure reference in the SSH documentation that says the SSH Daemon creates three key pairs the first time it runs.
I used YAST to configure SSH and the missing keys errror cleared.

I am using a 64 bit server and have had additional problems. Others have repported that on startup the client reports that the NBD0 devise is not available. One other person reported that configuring the local network to only IPV4 resolved this issue (in two places, the network port configuration, and the KIWI-LTSP configuration. For me this did not work.

I also get an error stating that /sbin/ifup is not available. I have confirmed that /sbin/ifup is not in the not in the initrd-ltsp and also not in a 64 bit initrd-x86_64 (if you build one) It is also not available in a the KIWI PXE cookbook build and not in a custom netboot (diskless) build.
I did an ungzip, unarchive, add /sbin/ifup, archive, gzip to initrd-ltsp and the reported error cleared but I still had my origional problem that NBD0 was not available.

I shifted from NBD to AOE and I had an AOE device. I still ended up in the same place with a
“runaway loop” and a panic.

If you work with 64 bit openSUSE 12.1 you pull in KIWI-LTSP from an archive with an expired key:
Index of /repositories/server:/ltsp/openSUSE_12.1

I have read there are fewer issues with KIWI-LTSP 11.3 so I am rebuilding to 11.3.
I am downloading the iso from the main repository.
Earlier I downloaded a “11.3.iso” and at install is said it was installing 12.1.

Please let me know how you are progressing.

I

Hi, please see this: kiwi-ltsp | Support for kiwi-ltsp at SourceForge.net or IRC Freenode #kiwi-ltsp for help with kiwi-ltsp.

Cheers

-J