Kind of rolling 11.4

Because my rolling into 12.1 went wrong, I came across an idea to make rolling 11.4 until suse 12 will be stable enough for me to install it.
I know that it isn’t anything new, and I also know that making rolling suse isn’t that easy (otherwise Greg wouldn’t bother maintaining Tumbleweed :wink: ).

But it works (for now). I did it for my private use only, but maybe somebody will like it. It will roll until 11.4 is discontinued (probably).

Please note that this may destroy your system, your computer may explode etc. You have beed warned. Please make root partition backup using clonezilla.
If you know how to do it better, have suggestions etc - please go ahead and help.

If you think this is very stupid idea and I will run into trouble - you’re probably right, still it works better than 12.1 for me… :frowning: and should give me some time.

Please note you need to update kernel first
zypper dup --from kernel
and restart computer, otherwise it won’t boot anymore (grub error).

All other repositories should be set for suse 11.4 (packman, subpixel etc) and not the Tumbleweed anymore.

Repositories to add instead of Tumbleweed:

kernel
Index of /repositories/Kernel:/stable/standard

system base
Index of /repositories/Base:/System/openSUSE_11.4

banshee
Index of /repositories/Banshee/openSUSE_11.4

graphics
Index of /repositories/graphics/openSUSE_11.4

xfce
Index of /repositories/X11:/xfce/openSUSE_11.4

kde (probably, i don’t use it)
Index of /repositories/KDE:/Release:/47/openSUSE_11.4

gnome
(gnome doesn’t need any unless you want gnome3)

samba
Index of /repositories/network:/samba:/STABLE/openSUSE_11.4

multimedia libs (pulseaudio etc)
Index of /repositories/multimedia:/libs/openSUSE_11.4

libreoffice
Index of /repositories/LibreOffice:/Stable/openSUSE_11.4

compiz
Index of /repositories/X11:/Compiz/openSUSE_11.4

virtualbox (otherwise it won’t probably run with new kernel)
Index of /virtualbox/rpm/opensuse/11.4/

There are also other repos , network, x11 ect. But I don’t feel like I need them.

I’ve just updated, system seems to work like before… and is still rolling :slight_smile: … for now…