kget can start download

i have a problem with kget download manager.although the desired download item is in the list,but seem it cant start download even a bit of data.The status of download always ‘delayed’,size ‘n/a’,progress ‘0%’,speed ‘blank’.

it really different with firefox download manager.coz it start download automatically when i want to download.
Konqueror error?kget error?
(p/s i already click ‘start/resume’ button)

If you can start the download with Firefox copy out the patch to the file, and paste it to KGet.
Good luck

[If you can start the download with Firefox copy out the patch to the file, and paste it to KGet.]

currently i only able to download via firefox download manager not by kget.what do you mean by ‘copy out patch then paste to kget’?

Start the download with Firefox. Go to: Tools -> Downloads -> [Right click to the file] -> [Select] Copy Download Link;
Paste this link to KGet.

Hi,

which version of kde do you use? Kget has a bug (in kde 4.0) so that the download stayed always delayed. As a workaround you can set the number of threads to one, this should work as far as i can remember. It seems to be fixed in kde 4.1.1 or the default settings are changed so that it works out of the box :wink:

hope this helps

[Start the download with Firefox. Go to: Tools -> Downloads -> [Right click to the file] -> [Select] Copy Download Link;
Paste this link to KGet. -from ram88].

ram88 i think that is not the solution.although it is,i already try your solution.this is not because of link actually.

as Monex reply statement said,kget has a bug in kde4.0 but seems to be fixed in the kde4.1.1.but actually im using gnome 2.22.1.

kde/gnome probe or kget prob?
(the title supposely actually ‘kget cant start download’ forgot the ‘t’:P)

definitely kget problem. Access Denied set the number of threads to 1 (somewhere under kget settings you can set up the number of used threads) this should resolve the problem.

hope this helps

10s monex for the link.yes, of course problem solve.but is there any performance issue of changing number of threads to 1?

what purpose of threads? it is better to have high number of threads than 1 thread.

bug still bug. they should release patch for this.