Keyboard shortcut working wrongly

I use Opensuse 11.3. I had configured my Gnome so that when I press the home hotkey it launches Firefox (the standard web browser). And I configured Firefox so that it starts on my selected home page. Everything worked out right until I installed and trie KDE yesterday. When I went back to Gnome and pressed the home key it launchs Firefox but rather than appearing my home page on it what appears is the content of my home folder. I got so mad at it that I uninstalled everything related to KDE. Deleted .mozilla folder, what reset Firefox. Nothing worked at all! I deleted the folder that stores keyboard shortcuts on Gnome, what reset all shortcuts. But when I redefine the home key or any other key to launch web browser, what the key does is to launch Firefox with the content of my home folder.
Strangely as it seems, when I launch Firefox from menu it starts on the home page I selected. When I launch it from any custom hotkey it starts on my home folder.
It may seem a little thing but it is so disgusting for me that sometimes I even feel willing to re-install the whole system, and i just didn’t so because it took me several days to configure it the way it is.
Does anyone know what is happening here and how can I change it?

Some advice: do not delete these folders one by one, rename them. For one, rename your .kde4 folder to .kde4.old (all this whilst not being logged in). Reinstalling IMO does not make sense. The problem resides in your /home/YOURUSERNAME

On 2011-01-01 19:06, fernando a martin wrote:

> It may seem a little thing but it is so disgusting for me that
> sometimes I even feel willing to re-install the whole system, and i just
> didn’t so because it took me several days to configure it the way it
> is.
> Does anyone know what is happening here and how can I change it?

No, but you can create a new user, try it there (never start kde for that
user), and if it works, compare files.

There must be a common file to gnome and kde where this is defined.

Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.
(from 11.2 x86_64 “Emerald” at Telcontar)

Thank you. You saved my system! Creating a new uer solved the rpoblem. I had only to reconfigure my desktop and re-install wine applications (copying the .wine folder did not work for all of them). Easier than re-installing the system or spending the rest of my life looking for a hidden file causing the error. I just won’t it as solved because we don’t know what caused the error. Maybe somedya someone discovers. As for KDE, I uninstalled it at all and I wish I’ll never need to use it again.