Kdenlive error mp4-h264, libx264 not supported

It shows me the message that the installed version of libx264 is not compatible, which is why it does not show the video on the kdenlive monitor…

TW bug?

imagen

It would actually help when you describe which menu you are showing or what steps you are doing to reach that point in the screenshot. Or at least start the program in english via
LANG=C kdenlive
and than describe what you are doing…
The screenshots don’t tell much about the necessary steps to reproduce your issue…

After many fiddling around, i found your screenshot in kdenlive. It is no Tumbleweed bug, but it seems you are several codecsmissing. Normally, on startup kdenlive informs you about missing packages/codecs.
As you can see, it is fully supported on Tumbleweed:

ich@rennsemmel:~> LANG=C sudo zypper se -si *264*
[sudo] password for root: 
Loading repository data...
Reading installed packages...

S | Name              | Type    | Version                                 | Arch   | Repository
--+-------------------+---------+-----------------------------------------+--------+-----------------------
i | libplacebo264     | package | 5.264.1-2.1                             | x86_64 | Haupt-Repository (OSS)
i | libx264-164       | package | 0.164+git20220602.baee400f-1699.1.pm.23 | x86_64 | packman
i | libx264-164-32bit | package | 0.164+git20220602.baee400f-1699.1.pm.23 | x86_64 | packman
ich@rennsemmel:~> 

ich@rennsemmel:~> LANG=C sudo zypper se -si *aac*
Loading repository data...
Reading installed packages...

S  | Name              | Type    | Version            | Arch   | Repository
---+-------------------+---------+--------------------+--------+-----------
i+ | libfdk-aac2       | package | 2.0.2-1699.1.pm.67 | x86_64 | packman
i+ | libfdk-aac2-32bit | package | 2.0.2-1699.1.pm.67 | x86_64 | packman
ich@rennsemmel:~> 

I was able to recreate your “issue”. The reason for the ocurance is, when the vendor switch to packman was not properly performed. Perform the vendor switch and the “issue” is gone…
(replace the string --from packman with the reponame applicable on your system…)

sudo zypper dist-upgrade --from packman --allow-vendor-change
1 Like

Solution, put installed libraries from the packman repo.

I don’t know which library caused conflicts… why didn’t it say so, but that’s how it was solved D: