KDE logout / shutdown / restart screen distortion with Logout desktop effect

Hi everyone,

This may not be a problem and, even if it is, it’s only a minor one. I just thought I’d check it out.

When trying to “Leave” the system (either via the small button on the lower right of the taskbar or by right clicking on the Desktop and selecting “Leave”) the logout / shutdown / restart screen comes up. I have the “Logout” desktop effect activated, which is supposed to desaturate the background when the Leave screen appears. However, instead of simply greying out the background, the image on the desktop and the rest of the screen also gets slightly distorted, with seemingly random distortion effects cropping up all over the place (e.g. horizontal lines or large blurs). These distortions are different every time the Leave screen comes up. The Leave screen itself is displayed fine, and apart from the dodgy background I have no other issues with the whole process (the system shuts down or restarts properly according to my choice). I am using the Radeon drivers, and all other desktop effects I have on (Magic lamb, cover switch, present windows, etc) work fine and without a hitch. It’s only the Logout effect that seems to glitch.

Has anyone else experienced this sort of behavior? Are the distortions intentionally created by the effect in order to emphasize the focus on the Leave screen? I really don’t mind it that much, I just thought I’d check.

Thanks,

Sav

Hi,

If you deactivate the effect, those symptoms come up again ?

Sorry for the delayed response, I didn’t receive the notification for your reply.

The answer is no, they don’t. The problem seems to be with the effect itself, if I de-activate it the screen does not desaturate and no distortion is apparent.