k9copy-dvd95 unknown ac3 sound codec?

Running Opensuse KDE 11.2 64bit. Trying to backup DVD, but no sound after playing ripped copy. After looking at the settings in K9copy and DVD95, the sound section says “Unknown AC3” where it normally says “English AC3”. I’ve tried mencoder and ffmpeg. Any clues?

Do the DVD’s play OK on your system?

The original plays fine. This is my first time running 64bit. I noticed that /usr/lib/win32 doesn’t exist in /usr/lib64. The codecs are in the 32 lib folder. I wonder if this is related, or is the system smart enough to make symlinks since it is 64bit?

I just checked a DVD in my _64 SUSE and it shows Unknown - You could bug report this to Packman. Do you know how?

Unknown AC3? Never filed a bug report for Packman, but will figure it out. There have been a lot of codec updates in Packman the last few days. K9copy was also recently updated to the newest upstream version. I will have to track down which package to file bug report against. K9copy and DVD95 use a lot of backend packages. I’m trying to copy the DVD in Vista at the moment to assure DVD quality.

kde4-k9copy packager is

detlef@links2linux.de

send cc to:

packman@links2linux.de

This my view in 64 bit
http://thumbnails5.imagebam.com/5793/5d601257925543.gif](http://www.imagebam.com/image/5d601257925543)

32 bit
http://thumbnails13.imagebam.com/5793/7807ea57925544.gif](http://www.imagebam.com/image/7807ea57925544)

So I didn’t try it. This DVD is already a k9 rip

DVD is not encrypted. Shrinking it now in Vista with dvdshrink. If it plays okay, I will send a bug report. Thanks for the help.