I just installed the new cairo dock version.
It’s nice, has some new features, great eye candy but it contains more bugs than features ? I wonder if this was tested ?
I’m just curious if I’m the only one with the following issues (opensuse 11.1 with compiz) :
- sometimes the dock background bar turns bright white instead of the theme colorset
- The icons sometimes all become very very small
- A lot of setting don’t do anything
- When I set the bar the way I like (theme, settings, etc) and I log out en back in all these settings are gone, the theme reverts to the default theme and all my settings are gone, the only thing that remains are my icons
- At regular intervals the icons all become transparant for about 95%, hard to see them and then all of a sudden they come back to normal.
The way it is now this thing is not useable at all or is it just on my pc ?
Yep, it’s very buggy. I’m having quite a few issues too.
- Initially the OK button to conform launcher changes was missing, this was now fixed in latest release.
Cairo Dock Launcher Issue, Packman Build 2.0.0-11.pm.1 - openSUSE Forums
- When Using Open GL mode, QT apps crash eg SM Player VLC etc which is a known bug, see:
Does not seem to remember settings, random forgetfulness a bit like my Grandma.
Under KDE 3.5 it keeps asking me about if I want open GL or not at start up, come on devs this could have been done with a tick box in the panel menu. This one really annoys me.
If anyone else is having issues please could you post here and I will pass on the info to the devs so we can get the bugs squashed.
PS I’m using the latest Packman build On 10.3 and 11.1 both with KDE 3.5.10.
Fixed This one rotfl!
- Under KDE 3.5 it keeps asking me about if I want open GL or not at start up, come on devs this could have been done with a tick box in the panel menu. This one really annoys me.
Added an exception on the advanced tab of the session manager to exclude from saved session then created my own start of cairo-dock -c under auto start for kde :embarrassed:
Still does not seem to remember main dock view, will save as 3d then next session comes back as 2d again >:(
Sussed It rotfl!
[li]When I set the bar the way I like (theme, settings, etc) and I log out en back in all these settings are gone, the theme reverts to the default theme and all my settings are gone, the only thing that remains are my icons
It’s so simple, it’s a doh moment. This got me too.
In plug-ins, tick the dock rendering plug-in and all will be well.
Dock rendering was checked but the issues remain.
The icons still become very small, too small to correctly see them while this is not the case with the previous version.
I’ll wait a couple of months before going on with it.
Yea, i found v2 really buggy.
version 1.6 still works great though
The problem is, once you updated your system to V2 and you don’t have a backup image you cannot go back.
Luckily I had an Acronis backup image to get back (which I do for every update).
Nice. I love to use acronis. I actually used it to backup my GNOME desktop before i moved over to KDE.
I guess you will have uninstall and re-install. You can make a note of all the different icons and launchers