iPhone + libimobiledevice

Hi All,

Not sure if this is the right section,But im after some help

I found out about libimobiledevice the other night so being a iPhone user i decided to install it and all associated packages needed

Plugged in my iPhone and Nothing? :’(

It doesn’t register as being plugged in or anything so i tried the # ideviceinfo command and its giving back the “No Device found, Is it plugged in?” error

anybody got any ideas whats up? ive tried restarting laptop and trying different usb ports

AFAIK There are very few iPhones that work with Linux.
Vendor lock-in, means you need iTunes mostly.

Well the libimobiledevice website has a video on it of the guy doing everything you can do in itunes using ubuntu and this libimobiledevice

unfortunately there support is poor and theres no troubleshooting apart from the usual unplug it etc

BTW iphone is Jailbroken aswell using Blackra1n 3.1.2

Well the libimobiledevice website has a video on it of the guy doing everything you can do in itunes using ubuntu and this libimobiledevice
I do recall something like this now you mention it. Maybe someone else more in to these gadgets will pick up this thread and help.

BTW iphone is Jailbroken aswell using Blackra1n 3.1.2
You might as well have written that in Swahili. Sounds like Black Magic hacking of some kind;)

No need to “hack” or jailbreak the iDevice. openSUSE 11.3 will natively work with iPhone/iPod Touch and iPad devices. Until then one can install related 11.2 packages using the 1-click installer. Read more information and watch a video of the functionality here.