Installing Citrix Receiver - dependency problem

Hello again!

I need a Citrix Receiver on one of my TW installs (KDE) and found this:

https://ghost.pegasi.fi/wiki/doku.php?id=tips_and_howtos:icaclient_tumbleweed

…so I downloaded the latest .rpm for SUSE “full”, but trying to install with zypper gives:

sudo zypper in ICAClient-suse-13.10.0.20-0.x86_64.rpm
[sudo] password for root:
Loading repository data...
Reading installed packages...
Resolving package dependencies...

Problem: nothing provides 'libwebkitgtk-1_0-0' needed by the to be installed ICAClient-13.10.0.20-0.x86_64
 Solution 1: do not install ICAClient-13.10.0.20-0.x86_64
 Solution 2: break ICAClient-13.10.0.20-0.x86_64 by ignoring some of its dependencies

Choose from above solutions by number or cancel [1/2/c/d/?] (c):

TW apparently only has libwebkit2gtk in the repos.

How can I resolve this?

Link on this page does not exist, so it is entirely unclear what you downloaded.

startpage helps to find:

https://www.citrix.com/de-de/downloads/citrix-receiver/linux/receiver-for-linux-latest.html

end of page “RPM Packages”…

OK, apparently you need this here

https://www.citrix.com/de-de/downloads/workspace-app/linux/workspace-app-for-linux-latest1.html

…as it replaces the Citrix Receiver

Installed it with some error (header not signed)

sudo zypper in ICAClient-suse-22.5.0.16-0.x86_64.rpm
[sudo] password for root:
Loading repository data...
Reading installed packages...
Resolving package dependencies...

The following NEW package is going to be installed:
  ICAClient

1 new package to install.
Overall download size: 152.9 MiB. Already cached: 0 B. After the operation, additional 424.3 MiB
will be used.
Continue? [y/n/v/...? shows all options] (y): y
Retrieving package ICAClient-22.5.0.16-0.x86_64               (1/1), 152.9 MiB (424.3 MiB unpacked)
ICAClient-suse-22.5.0.16-0.x86_64.rpm:
    Package header is not signed!

ICAClient-22.5.0.16-0.x86_64 (Plain RPM files cache): Signature verification failed [6-File is unsigned]
Abort, retry, ignore? [a/r/i] (a): i

Checking for file conflicts: ................................................................[done]
ctxlogd.service is not a native service, redirecting to systemd-sysv-install.
Executing: /usr/lib/systemd/systemd-sysv-install enable ctxlogd
ln -sf ../ctxlogd /etc/init.d/rc2.d/S50ctxlogd
ln: failed to create symbolic link '/etc/init.d/rc2.d/S50ctxlogd': No such file or directory
which: no google-chrome in (/sbin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/X11R6/bin)
which: no microsoft-edge-beta in (/sbin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/X11R6/bin)
(1/1) Installing: ICAClient-22.5.0.16-0.x86_64 ..............................................[done]

and it apparently works, but when connecting to the Citrix stuff I get in Firefox 102 an SSL error, did not chose to trust “AAA Certificate Services”, which sounds opaque at best (Shitrix at its best…). Sigh.

And when I open the “down arrow” I see SuSE Full Package, SuSE 11 SP3 Full Package, SuSE Web Package. Probably all pointing to SUSE LInux Enterprise, but not for openSUSE.

To whom it may concern:

Was a problem with the certs in Citrix Workspace app, no idea why the Linux client doesn’t contain this AAA cert. I downloaded the cert to Desktop and then:

sudo cp AAA_Certificate_Services.crt /opt/Citrix/ICAClient/keystore/cacerts/

sudo update-ca-certificates

I know, crude hack, but back to business under Tumbleweed, as Win10 apparently simply trusts this CA…

according to

https://developer-docs.citrix.com/projects/workspace-app-for-linux-oem-guide/en/latest/customize/

Security -> Certificates -> Use a root CA

in addition you need to run as the user

$ICAROOT/util/ctx_rehash

but here that makes no difference. I still get an error in syslogd saying

2022-07-04T09:29:43.609531+02:00 LibreTW0621 kernel: [141054.413349] T8185] process 'opt/Citrix/ICAClient/wfica' started with executable stack
2022-07-04T09:29:43.860713+02:00 LibreTW0621 citrix-wfica[8185]: Value of cl_argv[0] : /opt/Citrix/ICAClient/wfica
2022-07-04T09:29:47.329210+02:00 LibreTW0621** iled to load external entity "/home/username/.ICAClient/cache/Stores/AllowedWebStoreCache.ctx"**

when starting the remote machine (Yes this is really the correct message of the error, I didn’t mess up the copy&paste). But the Citrix instance works as expected…

Yes, I know this is more for a Citrix forum (if there is one…).