Installed OpenSuse as my main OS on my primary desktop

Went to boot up today, and Debian wouldn’t log in runlevel 5, switched to runlevel 3, and there were like 3 pixels of visible text at the top, the rest was black. No clue what happened to it (although probably has something with having had to boot up windows and it did something), but decided to give OpenSuse a chance on my main desktop, I’d had Debian for about 4 years on it now…

So got it all set up and everything working. In fact, for the first time in about 3 months on that system, I can hear flash videos!! So fairly impressive I must say. Of course, as is my luck, the openbuild is down so that I can’t get revelation installed. So can’t do much outside of web browsing on my system due to not having passwords for anything.

Happy to hear of your success with openSUSE. Please, if you have any questions, you must ask them straight away. I normally point all users to the following location:

New User How To/FAQ (read only)

Get more info on forum operation here:

openSUSE Forums FAQ

Forum Message Counts:

As you start or answer any message thread here in the openSUSE forums.

Puzzled Penguin 0-49 (new users start with this level)
Student Penguin 50-99
Explorer Penguin 100-249
Busy Penguin 250-499
Parent Penguin 500-999
Wise Penguin 1000-1999
Omniscient Penguin 2000

Here is a picture of the message count symbols:

Forum Message Count Symbols

FYI here are the reputation levels:

You can reward another user for the help they have provided you using
the reputation icon is in the lower left of any message that you read
which looks like a star.

REPUTATION LEVELS:

User is infamous around these parts -99999
User can only hope to improve -50
User has a little shameless behavior in the past -10
User is an unknown quantity at this point 0-9 (new users start with this level)
User is on a distinguished road 10-19
User will become famous soon enough 20-149
User has a spectacular aura about 150-249
User is a jewel in the rough 250-349
User is just really nice 350-449
User is a glorious beacon of light 450-549
User is a name known to all 550-649
User is a splendid one to behold 650-999
User has much to be proud of 1000-1499
User has a brilliant future 1500-1999
User has a reputation beyond repute 2000

And finally, if I have not said so before, welcome to the openSUSE forums and good luck!

Thank You,

what is revelation?

Password manager. It’s no longer developed (stopped in 2007), but I’ve been using it for years. Slowly a lot of distros are beginning to stop including it, so I really need to find a replacment, but it is one of those things that just works so well.

I was using Ubuntu a week ago. Thanks God!. Had an idea of trying openSUSE. And LOL:-) this is my primary operating system now. It is just working out of the box. Thanks to the Dev Team and other people involved in this great distibution.

Couldn’t agree more.

Well, build service was back up last night and now have revelation up and running. So very happy. lol!