Install without gnome/kde

is it possible to install suse with just xfce or do you need to install gnome as well, or kde.
Once the new update hits i might just install the system new. Thats why kinda curious about this.

Thanks for the input;)

There are some “lightweight” window managers offered during the initial install, so you don’t need to install KDE or GNOME. As far as I know, LXDE will be supported in 11.3.

You could also install SuSE without any desktop environment / windowmanager at all. Any package can be deselected during the install.

Cool.
I like that. Wasn’t really sure anymore, but that will make it easier for me.

Not that i don’t like any of the other desktops.

is it possible to install suse with just xfce or do you need to install gnome as well, or kde.
Once the new update hits i might just install the system new. Thats why kinda curious about this.

You’ll inevitably end up with some KDE and Gnome library packages as some apps will be built for these graphical environments.

You’ll inevitably end up with some KDE and Gnome library packages as some apps will be built for these graphical environments.

Not inevitably - as I wrote, you can deselect any package during the initial install. As this can also be done by using patterns, it’s not too much of a hassle either.

Not inevitably - as I wrote, you can deselect any package during the initial install. As this can also be done by using patterns, it’s not too much of a hassle either.

Of course, I understand that. Mayeb I didn’t explain that as well as I could have. I meant that this can happen as a prerequiste to installing an application (ie to inform the OP about why it may happen that some KDE/Gnome related packages may be installed post-installation).