Install QOwnNotes

I hope it belongs to this forum (Installation,…).

There are dedicated packages for Leap 15.1 I’m running, so I downlaoded them and ran:

rpm -Uvh qownnotes-20.2.6-lp152.1.1.x86_64.rpm

I get an error like this (attempted to translate it back to English):

Warging: qownnotes-20.2.6-lp152.1.1.x86_64.rpm: Header V3 RSA/SHA256 Signature, key ID 62a835db: NOKEY
Error: Failed Dependencies:
        libQt5Core.so.5(Qt_5.12)(64bit) is needed for qownnotes-20.2.6-lp152.1.1.x86_64 

However, I have libQtCore5 installed, which clearly provides:

/usr/lib64/libQt5Core.so.5

So, does anyone has an idea what’s wrong and how could I fix it, please?

When you installed something not from the standard openSUSE repos, please explain where you downloaded and/or installed things from.

If you want to show here the output in English, prefix the statement with LANG=C, like

LANG=C rpm -Uvh qownnotes-20.2.6-lp152.1.1.x86_64.rpm

You can use rpm to install, but using zypper in general gives more functionality (e.g. installing needed packages that are in available repos, better error messages):

zypper install <path/to/>qownnotes-20.2.6-lp152.1.1.x86_64.rpm

Hi
Your installing the wrong version, the one you downloaded is for the upcoming release 15.2 (lp152) the version you require should have lp151.

Thank you for the replies. I found my mistake with accidental click to a wrong link to 15.2 version instead of 15.1 few minutes after I submitted this thread. I installed the correct RPM version succesfully and posted a reply right away, but something got wrong and the reply was not published.

So I’m really sorry I bothered you with my mistake.

No problem. We know that making a thread often makes you observe the problem from another side, opening new views. :slight_smile: