Requirement: Install 10.3 on a dual boot system with Windows XP using Hard Drive Install method
Precondition: My DVD drive does not work so I use 10.3 iso image copied to C:\home which is a NTFS windows partition. Also I have extracted iso image under C:\home\openSUSE\
Process: 1. Start Windows and run Suse 10.3 it’ll install boot image and make my system dual boot. It copies some boot files into C:\boot and then asks for reboot
2. Reboot give me an option to run OpenSuse install
3. I see the installer probing for hardware etc followed by a screen where it asks me to select what do I want to do e.g. Install or upgrade, Exit, Reboot etc
4. I select Install or upgrade and the next screen is the media - CD/DVD, Hard Drive, Network
5. I choose Hard drive
6. Next screen, it shows me the hard drive partitions sda1, sda2 etc.
7. I select the one where I kept the iso image i.e. sda1
8. It asks me for the source directory and I tried the following and each of them gave me the same message “No Repository Found”
- /dev/sda1/home/ [This is for iso image]
- /dev/sda1/home/openSUSE [This is for the extracted iso image]
- C:\home [bad, but i tried]
I have done installation on my laptop using the same DVD and it went well. I am now installing it on my desktop. What is going wrong? I have read article about how to install from hard drive but nowhere i found this problem being discussed so I am here seeking your help.