include = /etc/samba/dhcp.conf

include = /etc/samba/dhcp.conf

Hi, I would like a little explanation about this line in the smb.conf file, just for curiosity, I did a search in the forum about it but it list all the threads that include the [Global] setting part of the smb.conf file as an example.

I was reading too in the Samba Server and Suse / openSUSE: HowTo Configure a Professional File Server on a SOHO LAN site that a new service in the firewall was included in openSUSE 11.1 called netbios server but it is not available in previous versions so the question is, ¿how did it worked it version 11.0?

Thanks

I haven’t been able to track that one down. I even searches samba.org for it. Something to do with a “wins server” that has it’s address assigned dynamically, which would be strange. Since the file is empty by default, it has no effect by default, so you can leave it in or take it out without effect in most cases.

I was reading too in the Samba Server and Suse / openSUSE: HowTo Configure a Professional File Server on a SOHO LAN site that a new service in the firewall was included in openSUSE 11.1 called netbios server but it is not available in previous versions so the question is, ¿how did it worked it version 11.0?

Thanks

I’ll check on that and get back to you.

…a new service in the firewall was included in openSUSE 11.1 called netbios server but it is not available in previous versions so the question is, ¿how did it worked it version 11.0?
I made a mistake – it was included in openSUSE 11.0 and 11.1. I’ve fixed the error. If you’re wondering how that functionality was managed in the 10.series, here’s a extract from an openSUSE Firewall Tutorial:

Prior to openSUSE 11.0, the four ports 137, 138, 139 and 445 were opened by the “Samba Server” function in the drop-down list. In 11.0 a new feature, Netbios Server, was introduced and now Netbios Server takes care of 137 & 138 while Samba Server takes care of 139 & 445. But that’s not all.

From openSUSE 11.0 a connection tracking module was included in SuSEfirewall2. You activate this in terms of an IP range over which UDP 137 connections are tracked. Prior to 11.0, the “conntrack” functionality didn’t exist and was worked around by defining a trusted network for UDP highports.

In addition, the Netbios Server service in 11.x now opens these broadcast ports: 137 & 138