I just want to make a small slideshow for my girlfriend

Hi,

I needed for the first time to do a slideshow of some pictures, I thought it would be a easy thing but now I have two days trying to do it.

I downloaded Manslide, I spent about two hours working on it doing the slides but at end of the render process it do not produce any output. Then I discover that Manslide now is SMILE that is in Packman repo. I spent another two hours making again my slideshow in it (can’t import old Manslide format) but at the end it didn’t produce the output video file either :s

I have all the dependecies, I switch all of them to Packman rpms.

Anyone has used this program successfully??? What other program for linux could I use for making a simple slideshow for my girlfriend to post in her fb???

Thanks.
Xavier.

I think OpenOffice’s Presentations has a function were it automaticly changes the slide after preset interval. I don’t know if it can make a video file of it though.

Best regards,

Daqar

please do not post the same question to multiple fora…

DenverD
CAVEAT: http://is.gd/bpoMD [posted via NNTP w/openSUSE 10.3]

Try “imagination” from Packman repo. Intuitive and maybe all you need. I don’t know requirments to publish in fb (never been there), but it gives you three kinds of output: 3gp (mobile quality), flv (web quality) and vob (dvd quality).

Bye.

Sorry for the double posting :stuck_out_tongue:

rgds.
xavier

I am going to try it right now. I’ll be posting the results. Thanks!