HP Z420 doesn’t complete internet shutdown to router

This is all of it. Looks like it ‘should’ work but doesn’t.

localhost:~ # cat /etc/systemd/system/disable_wol.service
[UNIT]
Description=Disable wol on eth0
After=network.service

[Service]
Type=oneshot
ExecStart=/usr/sbin/ethtool -s eth0 wol d

[Install]
Wantedby=multi-user.target

localhost:~ # ethtool eth0 | grep Wake-on
Supports Wake-on: pumbg
Wake-on: d

https://paste.opensuse.org/5cef4f3460dc

@Bill_L [Unit] not [UNIT]

Well dang, I was sure I copied from one of your posts. Guess not.
Anyway after correction and starting the service, shutting down & reboot, status still shows inactive dead.
BUT, the amber light was out, I’ll see if it stays that way for longer time period.

localhost:~ # systemctl status disable_wol.service
○ disable_wol.service - Disable wol on eth0
Loaded: loaded (/etc/systemd/system/disable_wol.service; static)
Active: inactive (dead)

Jan 25 22:33:04 localhost.localdomain systemd[1]: /etc/systemd/system/disable_wol.service:10: Unknown key nam>
Jan 25 22:33:04 localhost.localdomain systemd[1]: /etc/systemd/system/disable_wol.service:10: Unknown key nam>

Are you doing it on purpose? Providing truncated logs does not help in finding the problem.

@Bill_L you need to start the service, check the status and then if ok, shutdown, did it work?

systemctl start disable_wol
systemctl status disable_wol

On a subsequent shutdown did it work, if not then start and alse enable the service, that should take care of it…

systemctl start disable_wol
systemctl enable disable_wol

@malcolmlewis Last Night I did the start and status things after corrections the ‘Unit’ word in the script.
Shutdown with no amber light. It was still ‘dark’ this morning, So it may be ok!
May be a moot point if I hav3 to return the machine.

Sorry to have offended you with what I posted. I do not have a masters in *nix systems, nor will I ever have! I thought I was posting what another member asked.

I WILL NEVER be the learned user such as yourself and other more knowledgeable users that I am.