HP Envy 5032 Printer / Scanner not recognised by system

Hello, I just installed OpenSuse Leap 15.3 and I am having problems trying to install my network HP Envy 5032 Printer / Scanner.

I have tried various steps so far:

• Installed hplip via Yast, which also installed a scanner driver too

• firewalld is active:

systemctl status firewalld
● firewalld.service - firewalld - dynamic firewall daemon
     Loaded: loaded (/usr/lib/systemd/system/firewalld.service; enabled; vendor>
     Active: active (running) since Tue 2022-02-01 01:19:51 GMT; 14h ago
       Docs: man:firewalld(1)
   Main PID: 1187 (firewalld)
      Tasks: 3 (limit: 4915)
     CGroup: /system.slice/firewalld.service
             └─1187 /usr/bin/python3 /usr/sbin/firewalld --nofork --nopid

• Printer info output
sudo lpinfo -v
[sudo] password for root: 
network http
network https
network ipp
network ipps
network lpd
network beh
network socket
serial serial:/dev/ttyS0?baud=115200
direct hp
network smb
direct hpfax

• Running hp-setup, I chose the net option, and it gave an error:
sudo hp-setup -i

HP Linux Imaging and Printing System (ver. 3.20.11)
Printer/Fax Setup Utility ver. 9.0

Copyright (c) 2001-18 HP Development Company, LP
This software comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY.
This is free software, and you are welcome to distribute it
under certain conditions. See COPYING file for more details.

(Note: Defaults for each question are maked with a '*'. Press <enter> to accept the default.)

--------------------------------
| SELECT CONNECTION (I/O) TYPE |
--------------------------------

Num       Connection  Description                                               
            Type                                                                  
  --------  ----------  ----------------------------------------------------------
  0*        usb         Universal Serial Bus (USB)                                
  1         net         Network/Ethernet/Wireless (direct connection or JetDirect)

Enter number 0...1 for connection type (q=quit, enter=usb*) ? 1

Using connection type: net

error: No device selected/specified or that supports this functionality.

Could you please advise where I go from here?

I use the gui HP Device Manager, installed with hplip. It needs help finding a network printer, and you need to assign the printer a static IP address. Start HP Device Manager, click the green + button. In the Device Discovery window, click the Network radio button, then Show Advanced Options, then click the Manual Discovery box. Put the printer’s IP address in the field and click Next. That should find your network printer. Setup from there is straight forward.

Hi,
Follow these following steps. It will definitely help you.

Go to computer Settings>Devices>Printers and Scanners. Check for HP Envy 4500 printer icon. If icon not found, install the latest HP drivers on the computer. Now press the Enable button to enable scan to computer option.

Sometimes after an update I “lose” my HP Envy. It will have gotten an ip address on its own. Press the Network icon on its screen and see that address. When you try a network install, at the bottom of the screen is an option for Manual Discovery. Click that box and you will be able to enter the ip address. Its annoying to lose the printer but that is a fast way to get it back.