- The failure comes about ten seconds after you hit enter at the grub screen. The suse splash loads then garbles and the laptops screen turns off.
Solution to this Issue:** “nomodeset” on the GRUB boot line will allow you to run the install normally.
Once you have installed 12.1 you will have to make a choice of which Graphic’s driver to use.
- ATI’s driver
- Open Source driver (with the open source driver you may have to make “nomodeset” a permanent option in the grub)
Things that work right off:
- USB 3.0
- Built-in high-speed wireless LAN (802.11b/g/n)
- Multi touch touch-pad
- Card reader
- Sound Jacks
Things that I still need to fix:
- HP SimplePass fingerprint reader
lsusb: Bus 004 Device 002: ID 138a:0018 Validity Sensors, Inc.
- Radeon HD 6620G discrete-class graphics
fglrx64_xpic_SUSE121 trying this driver
It allows me to boot without nomodeset, but desktop effects seem to have an issue while running opengl. Lots of crashing until you turn on Xrender.
Wondering if the 11.11 Catalyst might help.
AMD Catalyst™ 11.11 Proprietary Linux x86 Display Driver 94.8 MB 11.11 11/15/2011