HP dv4t laptop volume control

Hello,

I have an HP dv4t laptop. It has a touch sensitive volume control which in Vista shows a progress bar like thing that shows the volume decreasing/increasing whenever it is touched.

I’ve installed openSUSE 11.1 recently and when I use this voulume control, it works… that’s great. But, the thing is when I use the GNOME desktop, it shows me a vistaesque progress bar like thing. But when I use KDE, I have no feedback.

I was wondering if anyone can help me set it up so that I have that feedback with KDE as well.

Here are my sound card details:
00:1b.0 Audio device: Intel Corporation 82801I (ICH9 Family) HD Audio Controller (rev 03)
Subsystem: Hewlett-Packard Company Device 30f7
Flags: bus master, fast devsel, latency 0, IRQ 22
Memory at dc500000 (64-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=16]
Capabilities: [50] Power Management version 2
Capabilities: [60] Message Signalled Interrupts: Mask- 64bit+ Count=1/1 Enable+
Capabilities: [70] Express Root Complex Integrated Endpoint, MSI 00
Capabilities: [100] Virtual Channel <?>
Capabilities: [130] Root Complex Link <?>
Kernel driver in use: HDA Intel
Kernel modules: snd-hda-intel

If you need anymore details, please let me know.

Thank you.[/size]

Hello Anonymus1984AD,

I have an HP Pavillion DV6230BR with similar volume control.
I verified that that’s not working as well both on 11.1 under Gnome and KDE4.1, but it works ok on KDE3.5.

I opened a bug at bugzilla but no replies: https://bugzilla.novell.com/show_bug.cgi?id=494209
Try to open another issue with a better English description, since probably mine lacks on this particular.

Good Luck!

Hello amdturion,

I have filed a bug report:
https://bugzilla.novell.com/show_bug.cgi?id=497537

Regards.

Good!
I think I still need to learn how to post a good bug report :shame:

Anonymus1984AD:

Hello amdturion,

I have filed a bug report:
Access Denied

Regards.
Hello,
I have to correct and furthermore I have to say excuse to openSUSE developers, since my Gnome has not any bug about multimedia soft-keys.
In fact has been sufficient adjust the keyboard short keys association, to solve the problem:
Flickr Photo Download: Gnome_keyboard_settings

Perhaps you can do it the same for your KDE.

Good Luck!
Imgur
Imgur