How to Revert from Micro OS to Tumbleweed?

I recently installed openSUSE Tumbleweed on my desktop computer. After tweaking it as desired, and several sudo zypper dup commands later, I was happy. I don’t know what I did after the fact, but I now have openSUSE Micro OS, and not by choice! I want to go back to Tumbleweed, but I’m unsure how to do this.

For clarification, I went from this:

Operating System: openSUSE Tumbleweed 20210904
KDE Plasma Version: 5.22.4
KDE Frameworks Version: 5.85.0
Qt Version: 5.15.2
Kernel Version: 5.14.0-1-default (64-bit)
Graphics Platform: X11
Processors: 16 × Intel® Core™ i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz
Memory: 15.5 GiB of RAM
Graphics Processor: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti/PCIe/SSE2

to this:

Operating System: openSUSE MicroOS 20210904
KDE Plasma Version: 5.22.4
KDE Frameworks Version: 5.85.0
Qt Version: 5.15.2
Kernel Version: 5.14.0-1-default (64-bit)
Graphics Platform: X11
Processors: 16 × Intel® Core™ i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz
Memory: 15.5 GiB of RAM
Graphics Processor: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti/PCIe/SSE2

When I perform a **sudo zypper dup**, I now get this:
   https://i.imgur.com/d7JblBX.png

It seems like I should either choose **Solution 1 **or **Solution 3**.

**Can you help with the appropriate action?**  Note that I have access to the snapshots for both the last **Tumbleweed** update and the recent **Micro OS** updates.  Thanks in advance.

It never happened to me, but I would choose option #1.

I’m sure it was something that I did (or didn’t do) due to not reading carefully during one of the recent updates. Thanks for the input. I’ll see if anyone else chimes in, or I’ll just pull the trigger.

I have no idea how you did that.

I would also suggest going with solution 1. And if that fails, there is always a fresh install as an alternative.

Thank you, gentlemen.

I, likewise, don’t know how I did that. If I were to guess, I may have typed something other than sudo zypper dup. The good thing is that I have the snapshot before transitioning to MicroOS, in case I break things further.

I’ll try Option 1 and post the results (if anything, it may be interesting to read about what happens).

I am a bit lost about the concept “MicroOS”, but when it needs some repos to be installed from at all, you better check your repo list for such a MicroOS repo.

Here’s the final update from my part. Choosing the selection below was the appropriate action and my system has been successfully reverted back to Tumbleweed.

Solution 1: deinstallation of product:MicroOS-20210904-0.x86_64

There were no issues with the process, thus I’m very impressed with the entire process. I wish I knew how I accidentally installed MicroOS in the first place, but at least I can confirm that it is easy to recover from this. Thanks for you time and input with this.

Best Regards,

Daly

@hcvv: It’s a product in the Main Repository:

> sudo zypper info MicroOS
Loading repository data...
Reading installed packages...

package 'MicroOS' not found.

Information for product MicroOS:
--------------------------------
Repository          : Main Repository (OSS)
Name                : MicroOS
Version             : 20210908-0
Arch                : x86_64
Vendor              : openSUSE
End of Support      : unknown
Flavor              : appliance
Is Base             : No
Installed           : No
Status              : not installed
Update Repositories : ---
CPE Name            : cpe:2.3:o:opensuse:microos:20210908:*:*:*:*:*:*:*
Short Name          : openSUSE MicroOS
Summary             : openSUSE MicroOS
Description         : 
    openSUSE MicroOS combines the benefits of a rolling OS with a read-only root filesystem with
    transactional updates. It is a modern Linux Operating System, designed for single-service
    installations, such as container hosts. It is optimized for large, clustered deployments.
            It inherits the benefits of openSUSE Tumbleweed while redefining the operating system into a
            small, efficient and reliable distribution.

Sudo zypper se MicroOS reveals a number of packages and patterns for it:

> sudo zypper se MicroOS | grep 'package\|pattern' | wc -l

Regards,

Gene